Ebay listing 1860 VF, 1861 VG AND 1878 VG INDIAN CENT

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wildcat79, Jan 22, 2019.

1. wildcat79

wildcat79 New Member

Apologies beforehand if I've posted this to the wrong forum. Could someone please offer their opinion as to whether the coins in the following ebay listing have been cleaned or or enhanced in anyway? The seller has great ratings, so I have no reason to suspect anything nefarious on his part, but I am a newbie. The photo/listing as follows:
    [​IMG]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1860-VF-18...rentrq:767918bb1680ac7026c1951fffffeb31|iid:1

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

I can't see the close up enough. And, welcome to CoinTalk @wildcat79

wildcat79 likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Welcome to CT. The pics are not the best and the light angle doesn't help. Nice dates to have butvthe money is on the 1878, the one you can't see. Looks like the start of corrosion but can't tell.

You should not provide the link as you might invite competitors.

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I just looked at the listing. The 60 & 61 are common dates. The 78 is a little better date. Almost impossible to tell if they have been altered but my gut tells me they look right. And based on the size of my gut...... Well, bad pun..... I would bid them if they were my cup-o-tea. Welcome to the neighborhood!

wildcat79 likes this.
  6. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

IMO too much hidden by the poor images.
    I recommend looking elsewhere.

7. wildcat79

wildcat79 New Member

Many thanks to all for your help and patience.

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

They all look cleaned to me.

9. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

I'm not a IHC guy so I don't know if the price is right, but otherwise they look OK. Did you bid on them? If so, did you win?

10. wildcat79

wildcat79 New Member

Sorry to disappoint, but I erred on the side of caution and bought several IHC through the eBay storefront of Eagle Eye Rare Coins Inc, and that of Dave Enders. I also bought a Flying Eagle from a relatively new eBay seller with handle, fittedshirt2002.

Draft saved Draft deleted