EBAY HAS BANNED THE SELLING OF ALL COINS AND PAPER MONEY

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by john65999, Dec 2, 2020.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Okay, I hope I have this right! :cigar: If you want to keep selling coins on ebay, don't sign up for their managed payments BS or you'll be forever screwed! :D Is that right??

Virginian likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

No - it can't be THAT simple! And you're not just "forever screwed" - it's a one way trip to financial ruin.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yes. They're keeping the coin selling accounts out of managed payments until they get it worked out where they can accept those categories.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And don't sign up for a new account hoping to sell coins, because new accounts automatically go into MP as I understand it. And don't decide to sell coins after you've already opted in. And don't mistakenly opt in because eBay failed to highlight all the categories that are forbidden under MP.

I honestly can't believe that eBay is so freaking dead-set on MP that they're willing to tell customers "sorry, no take-backsies, we don't want your business for those filthy categories".

slackaction1 and fretboard like this.
  6. baseball21

The payment processor may have made it so eBay doesn't have the power to undo it. If eBay had their way and had all the power there wouldn't be an issue with any of the categories in the first place.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

No, I already have an account and I've only sold coins on their site, nothing else at all. Hopefully I don't have a problem with them, when I go back! :D

john65999 likes this.
  9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

From my point of view, that makes this seem like a spectacularly stupid business decision. But I don't have complete information.

We grouse all the time about bogus coin listings on eBay. It may well be that, behind the scenes, they're losing money on the category because of fakes, disputes, chargebacks, and fraud. Same thing for gift cards (apparently there's a whole industry around buying gift cards with stolen credit cards, then selling them on before the vendor discovers the fraud and disables the gift cards). eBay may want out of these categories. But if that's the case, they ought to be up-front about it.

10. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

I FIND IT IS ACTUALLY EASIER TO READ, SINCE I HAVE CORECTT4D VISION, LOWER CASE I NEED TO HOLD A NAGNIFYER TO MY SCREEN TO READ,

11. john65999

IT MOST BE REAL HARD FOR ALL OF YOU, SINCE THE WRITING ON COINS IS ALL IN CAPS AS WELL???

Cheech9712 likes this.
  12. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

LOL can't sell a coin but you can still buy an ordinary $100 bill for $112.00 financed through paypal credit........

13. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Go to the upper right of your screen and click on the tools. Scroll down to where it says ZOOM. This is much easier than typing in all caps.

14. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

hold ctrl and then move the little scrolly wheel on the mouse works also! LOL

15. john65999

NOT YELLING, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO YELL IN A LETTER OR WRITTEN FORM, SINCE YELLING INVOLVES HEARING, WHICH IS THROUGH THE EARS, UNLESS YOU CAN HEAR ME TYPING AWAY, IT IS JUST THAT IT IS EASIER THAN UPPER LOWEER LOWER LOWER, THEN UPPER THEN LOWER, AD INFINUM, AND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO SEE WHAT I AM TYPING AS WELL

16. john65999

ACTUALLY GOING FROM UPPER TO LOWER REPEATEDLY AGGRAVATES MY ARTHRITIS AND CARPAL TUNNEL, SO THERE IS THAT IT IS HEALTHEIER FOR ME TO KEEP AL;L; CAPS

17. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

If all of this is true about new accounts being opted in automatically and not being able to be excluded from managed payments, how were there so many brand new accounts listing the v75 ASE lately?

18. baseball21

None of that would impact eBay aside from customer service hours. They just take the money from the seller on chargebacks and fakes and lost disputes and fraud. The only time eBay is really on the hook is if it was their global shipping program which gets lost once they have received it or if they decide to eat the cost out of a courtesy to both parties for a freak accident or something like that

19. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It's no use.

John Burgess and slackaction1 like this.
  20. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

And a couple other points:

As far as I understand, coins can absolutely be insured by USPS. It is the third party insurance offered by ebay does not insure coins.

Somebody mentioned they insure things on the prohibited list all the time. You will be allowed to insure anything and everything. They will take your money. The problem arises when your package disappears and you make a claim. If the item is not insurable, you will not be able to receive compensation. So, in essence, you are giving the insurer free monies.

-jeffB likes this.
  21. baseball21

This is all very true. Also if you under-insure something you won't get that partial payout back they will deny the claim

mynamespat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted