ebay has another 1955 RD ddo up for sale

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Raizac, Aug 4, 2020.

?

do you think it's Fake coin??

Poll closed Aug 4, 2020.
  1. HELL YES

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO, IT"S THE REAL DEAL

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

this is a coin dealer why would he/she not send it in to be graded and then sell it? they have other graded coins up for sale so why not have this coin graded and then sell it on eBay or and auction house?

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

...because they are Great Southern...not to be too dismissive, but the actual coin might not look "exactly" like the pics

hotwheelsearl and SorenCoins like this.
  5. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Not to be too dismissive either, but I have heard that GSC cracks out problem and details grade coins to sell them raw. It's probably genuine, but might have something wrong with it.

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

If the color is real, I say cleaned. Red usually mellows.

7. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

ok, thanks for looking thought it could be another fake coin.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Because this dealer has a habit of sell problem coins with deceptive images that hide the problems. I also note that nowhere in the auction does the seller indicate that it is RD.

Oldhoopster and SorenCoins like this.
  9. SorenCoins

Clicked on the link to see this, since I was just curious. Turns out after 76 bids it sold for $3,300 with free shipping. I wonder if a coin like this--even if details--would still bring in more buyers if it was certified. I know many collectors would not be willing to buy any coin of this degree without certification.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I might bring more bidders, but would it bring as much money if it was certified, and the certification was a Details slab?

Mike Davis likes this.
  11. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Stuff like this is why I don't buy coins off of Ebay.

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It appears slightly circulated to me. The above answers also apply. IMO, Jim

13. SorenCoins

Good point. I am not sure. Less bidders might mean a lower chance of getting someone who is willing to throw their money at it.

Draft saved Draft deleted