ebay "flash sale"

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jwitten, Sep 29, 2016.

1. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I got a promo for $15 of a $60 purchase for a few hours today only... but it excludes ALL coins and paper money. Not a good sign of things to come. I have a feeling our ebay bucks will not be usable on any coins coming up here in a few days.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Find some gold that's mis-catagorized j

4. jwitten

I have a bunch of ebay bucks, and more than likely I will be emailing a few sellers and asking them if they can change the category for me, lol

jester3681 likes this.
  5. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

I used it on a new Vortex scope for my rifle.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nathan401 likes this.
  6. ddddd

ddddd Member

I have seen these types of flash sales over the last few years and they have almost always excluded the coins & paper money category (not just the bullion category). Most of the time they were actually just targeted for specific categories like clothes, fashion, or home goods.

While ebay might be limiting gift cards, I don't think this coupon is any further evidence for potential future ebay bucks restrictions.

Endeavor likes this.
  7. jwitten

Hope you are right.. guess we will find out in a few days

8. ddddd

ddddd Member

I hope so too. I have some items on my watch list ready.

9. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

That would really suck if we are unable to use our eBay Bucks on coins or paper money. I hope @ddddd is right also.

ddddd likes this.
  10. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I will be seriously pissed off if I can't use my eBay Bucks to buy coins. The only reason I have any eBay Bucks is by purchasing coins. If they try to pull a stunt like that, I will be making some very nasty phone calls.

Endeavor likes this.
  11. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I doubt they would, as manipulating sales by posting in an incorrect category can get your account banned.

12. Endeavor

You and me bud. I would have to give serious consideration to leaving ebay altogether if they did that.

13. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

I received that flash sale promo too....didn't use it :-(
    The way I see it though, eBay has every right to limit restrictions on one of their promos, but the actual Bucks certificate is a horse of a different color. It is earned, and they should have no right dictating how it gets spent. Hopefully:)

Endeavor likes this.
  14. Endeavor

Has anyone seen something in writing that eBay Bucks will not be able to be used on coins & paper money?

15. jwitten

So I was wrong, I've already spent $500+ ebay bucks on coins! Whoo hoo!

Endeavor likes this.
  16. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

Someone should come up with an easier rewards system ... ;)

17. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Last year eBay called me about an account I hadn't used in a while and have me $100 to spend as I pleased without restriction to try and get me back buying with that account. Has anyone else received such an offer before?

18. Endeavor

No, but I also haven't abandoned my account like that. Were you a large spender on that account? By large I mean >$5,000 per month.

19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Nope

20. Endeavor

Good to read this. I was a little concerned. I think I'm going to wait to see if I can get a Bucks multiplier before using my Bucks. I am aware that I can't wait too long as they expire after a month. Thanks for the update.

Draft saved Draft deleted