Ebay feedback

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CHARLES GINETTO, Aug 2, 2019.

1. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

I recently sold some coins on Ebay and received good feedback from all of the buyers except one. She just didn't write anything. It was the most expensive coin that I had sold this month and I just can't understand her lack of response. Am I just being too sensitive?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

Happens to me all the time. I just chalk it up to people not being as engaged with manners or polite etiquette.

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I think maybe so. If I buy something from you on Ebay I likely won't participate in a feedback poll. Though I realize now that many heavily rely on those polls. I just don't participate. I just don't take much stock in those things myself. And I imagine I'm not alone in that.

Sculptureman, Mountain Man and imrich like this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sorry to hear about it. I don't like selling on eBay, but I buy often. I try to always leave feedback, and positive feedback at that, unless something bad happened. I don't know what your recourse is, but I'd at least message the buyer and ask for an explanation and how you can make up for it.

6. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

I've noticed that when I first started selling on ebay, I always received feedback, but as I made more sales that I would get it less often. As long as you're not getting any negative feedback, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Two Dogs, Paul M. and CHARLES GINETTO like this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I have nearly 12,000 positive feedbacks. If everyone left feedback, though, I'd have over 20,000.

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I recently sold about 15 coins on eBay with no complaints. Only a few left feedback. Fortunately all positive.

Paul M. and CHARLES GINETTO like this.
  10. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

I always check a seller's feedback if I'm interested in a coin. 1 Neg never bothers me but when they start getting up there I avoid them. I always leave a good feedback for the seller. I feel as a buyer I should lend my opinion for others who come after me.

11. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

Honestly, given how many coins I purchase on Ebay, sometimes I just don't have the mental energy to write much more than "As described, thanks!" Don't hold it against the buyers; we're busy people!

Two Dogs, Murphy45p, imrich and 2 others like this.
  12. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

It happens. Most of my items get responses but a few won't. It's not just coins too, you guys wouldn't believe a couple years ago when I was listing and selling video games, about 50% of those transactions didn't get any feedback. :eek:

I just leave it alone and move on. If you message a buyer about this concern, it might come off to some people as being over obsessive.

13. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Some eBayers go a long time without leaving feedback, letting it pile up until it finally makes sense to sit down for a half hour and leave it all at once . . . I'm sometimes guilty of that.

14. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

I usually leave feedback, but don’t really pay attention if people leave feedback for me. If someone forgets or just doesn’t want to leave feedback, no big deal.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  15. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

At least you write something.

16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I don't think I've left feedback for the past two or three years. (I'm only a buyer not a seller.)

17. tartanhill

tartanhill Well-Known Member

It is possible that she was not completely satisfied with some part of the transaction and felt better about leaving no feedback as opposed to a neutral or negative feedback. I have done that.

Harpo likes this.
  18. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

I never buy coins on eBay that cost over $100. Those are fresh-from-the-mint modern world coins and only very few per year. I buy more expensive coins mostly via established auction houses ... has always been a better deal.

That said, I buy 100 or so other items per year on eBay ... mostly to support activities on my ranch ... pipe fittings, electrical parts, wire rope, tools, etc. Will rarely buy from a seller with less than 99% positive feedback.

Unless there is something wrong with the product, I always leave positive feedback. If there is something slightly wrong, I leave no feedback. If there is something seriously wrong or product is a no-show, I contact the seller. Most of the time, they correct it ASAP. A few times, I've threatened to leave negative feedback, and that got very quick corrective action. Have never left negative feedback.

Cal

19. Robidoux Pass

Robidoux Pass Well-Known Member

One aspect I don't recall seeing in this string is who initiated feedback -- or should initiate feedback. If the buyer complied with its obligations, i.e., a correct and prompt payment, I'm of the opinion that the courteous business practice in most cases should be that the seller initiates the feedback. It's just like shopping in person; the proprietor says "Thanks for shopping with us" and to which the buyer then responds. I don't understand those eBay sellers who declare they will not leave feedback unless the buyer does first. It's like the shop proprietor saying "I won't thank you for shopping with me unless you first praise me."

As for my own practices as a buyer, I try to always leave feedback if the seller leaves feedback. If the seller states it will only leave feedback if the buyer leaves feedback first, then as a buyer I do not leave feedback. These rules change for items not delivered, the wrong item sent, etc. For those, I first contact the seller directly and have always been able to work things out.

20. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Personally, I abhor the E-Bay feedback system and rarely engage in it at all. As a seller you can’t leave negative feedback which is bull, and I always withhold my positive feedback until the return period has expired. The people that scare me the most are those with little to no feedback who are new to E-Bay. Otherwise, I only care about what negative reviews they have.

I know you are probably working on increasing your feedback rating but I promise you that many users think the entire feedback system is as useless as I do. Don’t worry if someone doesn’t leave you feedback, just move on.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  21. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

I've never sold anything on eBay but I've purchased a lot, and many in the hundreds for a single coin and I never leave feed back. Why? Well I see it as an eBay gimmick and pay little to no attention to that seller's feed back if they posted good photos of the coin, and also because I live so far off the grid and don't get into town pick up my mail very often, eBay usually sends me a request to leave feed back before I've even got the coin in hand.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted