Ebay eliminates PayPal Option?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mat, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I have some stuff I am selling, not coin related. And it's no longer an option on my selling page.

I went and did a buy it now on a low priced item but didn't complete the purchase, it too has no paypal.

It takes Google Pay, which I wont use.

I was able to use paypal yesterday but today it looks like it's no longer available.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

You have to have your bank acct connected. (same place you probably had your paypal deposit)

Paddy54 likes this.
  4. nerosmyfavorite68

nerosmyfavorite68 Well-Known Member

Wow, last time I use fleabay. It's dead to me.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I do NOT use Paypal. ;)

Kentucky likes this.
  6. ddddd

ddddd Member

Yep the option is gone; I had some eBay bucks and went to buy an inexpensive item only to find that credit card or google pay were the only options.

7. ddddd

ddddd Member

serafino likes this.
  8. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

wow one more reason to not use them.

9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I used it yesterday.

Z

10. ddddd

ddddd Member

The reports are that it was available yesterday but gone as of today (or at least the last few hours). At this point, some sort of technical difficulty seems to be the answer as it would be unusual to just secretly remove a payment option with no notice.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  11. UpGrayedd

UpGrayedd Member

I spoke with eBay via live chat and was told it is a temporary error that they are working to fix.

serafino and ddddd like this.
  12. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Paypal is DOWN for the moment (won't connect to ebay) Issue is being worked on started about 8pm est tonight...

13. UpGrayedd

UpGrayedd Member

Paypal is working on eBay again, I just used it to make a purchase.

serafino, Mat and -jeffB like this.
  14. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Thanks for the updates.

15. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

CORRECT! And or both your SS# and bank account listed with them. They did this years ago that if you didn't give them your banking and SS# they could hold your payment "your money" up to 4 months even if the transaction was over and postive feed back left.
    There was a huge write up on this as it hurt quite a few people who used ebay as a means for income.
    Disable vets, single moms, people who fell below ebays standards and they kept making it harder and harder for these folks to do business.
    Can you wait ...up to 4 months for a pay day? ... one of many reasons I left ebay years ago....I do all the work....you keep all the money.....I here more and more...sellers hating to sell on ebay....

16. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of either.
    And don't use them.
    My sister in law had a good chunk of money in Bitcoin one of the transfers was to her Paypal account. The Bit coin transfers totalled around 60G's and were all strored in different wallets.
    Long story short. Paypal called them suspicious, and held her money for over 3 months. Zero way around it.

Draft saved Draft deleted