eBay Disbands Numismatic Watchdog Groups... Thankfully!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jloring, Jun 8, 2014.

1. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

A week or so ago I posted a thread about eBay's fight to regain it's title as the best site to buy numismatic fakes. So, in a follow up, eBay has taken the steps to disband the CWC, one of two watchdog groups (the other being the CFe Group) who's sole job was to 'serve and protect' us all from our own inability to determine authenticity of coins offered for sale on their site.

http://www.coinweek.com/treasure-2/...disbanded-lannin-joins-ccac-24-karat-doritos/

And it's about time I might add.... it's such a pain having to shop on Alibaba (and it's eBay clone AliExpress) for my replicas. At last I can go back to buying and selling fakes on eBay without interference from these paranoid purists who believe the influx of replicas will hurt the hobby. And from what I understand, the "report item" option will fall on deaf ears. Kudos once again to the 'Bay!

Numismat and Mainebill like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

For a second I got excited thought it read ebay disbands!!

4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Now if you use the previous direct reporting link, eBay will reply to you via email 10 days later asking you to call them. Too little, too late.

5. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

The more fakes sold on Ebay means the more money Ebay makes.
    The less investigating they do means the less staff they have to pay.

6. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Their statistics must be telling them that this cost cutting outweighs the extra $ they will be shelling out on buyer protection claims.

Draft saved Draft deleted