Ebay coin "expert" strikes my auction.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by SF11Dude, Dec 10, 2017.

1. SF11Dude

SF11Dude Active Member

Has this happened to anyone else? I posted a coin listing on Ebay (mistake #1 as USA Coin Book is 100% better) but I had a listing credit and wanted to use it.

I uploaded the 12 pictures and listed it; the next day I got an Ebay email saying there was a currency policy violation. I have bought/sold on Ebay for quite a while; stopped selling because of the disadvantages of being a seller and high costs.

I called them and they said their "expert" had taken down my listing. First saying it may not be real; I assured them it was and offered reference material so they changed it to "we need to have high confidence for our buyers" and threatened me with account actions. Go ahead and suspend my account; it won't change my Christmas.

Why this is laughable...I bought 128 rolls of COPPER recently and 25% of the rolls were 1983 or later coins...do you think Ebay removed her listing after I reported they were not copper and she admitted she didn't check the rolls? NO! Did they sanction her? NO! Is she still selling the "copper" lots today? Yes.

God Bless people who put up competing sites and draw business away from Ebay.

Maybe some day their bad karma will come back to them in spades.

As for their "expert"; I wonder what their credentials really are. Probably the lady that was signing gibberish at the police press release the other day. Ebay rot in hell.

urjunkmytresur and cpm9ball like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You can call them SleazeBay. You can call them FleaBay, but brother, don't ever suggest that they know what they are doing.

Chris

urjunkmytresur and SF11Dude like this.
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Probably the same "expert" that once took down a PCGS CAC coin from me saying the coin was fake. To make it even worse it was a secure plus coin with the TruView so there was absolutely no chance it wasn't the same coin

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    urjunkmytresur and SF11Dude like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted