eBay bucks, what should I get?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I have a $14.79 eBay bucks certificate, what should I get, as far as coins?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

What do you need for your collection? Figure that out, and if its under 14.79 get it with your ebay bucks for free.

4. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

You could buy one of those unsearched cent rolls with the VDB reverse showing on one end. It might be an "S", you never know!!! :D

5. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

I have purchased items on ebay for years...I have never been offered an ebay buck. How does one acquire them? (in a nutshell I mean..)

And if I had them to spend, I'd pick something I really like, but wouldn't normally consider buying..a frivolous item!

:) Lucy

6. Detecto92

7. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

And unfortunately, they're not retroactive.

8. Detecto92

9. x115

x115 Collector

buy something to do with the hobby but not necessarily coins. like, NGC boxes,gloves, a book, etc...

ok I was to late

10. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

1898barber.jpg arrows.jpg

These are a couple of my favorites. The left one because it was good buy at $5 and the other because it looks like a turd so I know it is genuine.

11. bonbonbelly

bonbonbelly Feel MS68 Look AG3

Just bought a 1992 S Silver Proof Roosevelt dime. Only had $2.30 in ebay bucks so I'm out the $1.64 shipping!

12. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Mine went towards a Lyman scale today. Accurate to 1/10th of a grain. It'll be used for reloading and coins.

13. Detecto92

A beam scale, or a digital scale? Be very careful of their digital scales, horrid reviews.

14. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

How about getting a plaque made that says "coin ambassador"?

15. Chachie

Chachie New Member

Can you buy another avatar. It makes me feel like I'm getting a migraine in my left eye. =p

16. Detecto92

Too late, I already have a have a desk name plate that says "Hobby Ambassador" on it.

17. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Detecto, the bucks last for a while. With mine, I simply buy what I normally will buy and it just gets applied the next time I pay. Never buy anything that you don't want just to use them. Trust me, something will catch your eye that you will want regardless of if you have bucks or not. THen, just use them up. :)

18. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Technically it is not free. EBAY pays for this with what they charge sellers. So all those fee's at least some of it goes towards this. Never signed up for it myself - then again my ebay purchases are about $80 for the year. :)

19. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I'd try to get a couple of Numismatic Srapbooks from the
    70's. They don't have as many ads the earlier years.
    And the 70's were a wild ride for coin collecting.

20. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Digital. Where were the bad reviews? It was $125 and that was the cheapest. My $20 pocket scale has been great for years. I'll let you know how it goes.

21. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

A Redbook? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted