Easy Coin Pic Editing Tutorial Vid

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by chrsmat71, Jun 24, 2018.

1. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES! Supporter

Hey guys, here's a quick coin pic editing tutorial as requested by @Milesofwho !

This is a very basic edit, only taking an obverse and revers pic and merging them into one, them trimming them up. No background work or any of that stuff. It requires no software be downloaded, I just used pixlr, which usually isn't my thing, I use gimp.

There are probably better ways to do this, but this is pretty darn painless.

F639B3EE-7889-4C1F-B735-ED38657DEFF2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

Thank you! It’s nice to know that pixlr has a mobile app, as all my photographs are done with my phone.

4. TIF

TIF I am not an expert Supporter

Good job, Chris! Which video screen recording and video editing programs did you use?

5. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Supporter! Supporter

I take photos as jpeg files, crop them to size and then use PowerPoint to merge them into one photo, save the PowerPoint slide as a jpeg file and then crop that and do processing to adjust image quality.

chrsmat71 likes this.
  6. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

That was very easy.. thank you for the help!

Diocletian ObvMerge.jpg

7. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

Thanks for the video. Improving coin pictures is on my to do list.

8. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Thank you for that tutorial.

9. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES! Supporter

Glad it was helpful!

@TIF I used this to capture..

https://screencast-o-matic.com/

Screencast-o-matic. The free version is good and easy to use. You are limited to 15 minutes and have a watermark on your vids unless you pay however.

The mobile app for pixlr is pretty good, I have messed around with it for other pics. I just have to edit coin pics on a big ol' monitor and use a mouse and keyboard.

TIF likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted