Early West German Commemoratives

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by sakata, Aug 22, 2017.

1. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

The first four comemoratives put out by West Germany are all way more expensive than all subsequent ones. I have been wondering for some time how to best protect these coin, as I had been storing them the same was as all others - in 2x2s. Conversations in other threads got me thinking. I have now decided that EverSlabs are the answer, and here are the results. I am much happier with them. Only disadvantage is that they take up more room in the SDB. However, I think it worth it with coins worth this much.

SHDEUwm001-S.jpg SHDEUwm001-H.jpg

furryfrog02 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

SHDEUwm002-S.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    furryfrog02 likes this.
  4. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

SHDEUwm003-S.jpg

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

SHDEUwm004-S.jpg

furryfrog02 likes this.
  6. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Nice coins! In high MS grades they're scarce and valuable, however in lower MS/UNC grades they're quite easy to find. There are many counterfeits of the 5M 1952 (Germanisches Museum) so you may want to send yours to NGC if you have any doubts about its authenticity.

7. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I have thought that one day I may send them in but I am in no rush. I am not planning on selling them and I don't think they are super high grade. They are there to complete my set.

Fact is, I have never sent in any coins to be graded and if I do send anything it will be some of the high grade 1/2 mark and 1 mark coins I have from the 1873-1918 period.

8. mackat

mackat Well-Known Member

I like those coins! What made you decide to go with the EverSlabs instead of Air-Tites or something similar?

9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I just liked the convenience. They fit in the same boxes as other slabs and they have room to add the notation which I put on my other coins. Plus, the price is reasonable if I am only doing it for a relatively small number of more valuable coins.

mackat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted