Early Polymer Australian $5 Banknote is Not In Catalogue - Why?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Topcat7, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

I collect (amongst other numismatic items) Australian Banknotes, and I have one that does not appear in any of my catalogues (including my latest 'Renniks 26th Edition'.
    The banknote is one of the first Polymer notes to be issued in 1993/94. In 1993 there was no date on the note. There is no listing for 1994 notes (none issued?) but there is a listing for the 1995 notes. Now this note cannot be 1992 issue because the Governor/Secretary then was 'Fraser/Cole' and the Governor/Secretary shown on this note is Fraser/Evans who put out the 1993 notes - but - the 1993 notes started with the letters 'BA 93 Serial' and my note starts with the letters AA 94 Serial.
    Does anyone have an idea as to where my note comes from? Does it belong to a 'Special Issue' that has been broken up? (The mark on left is not a watermark but a 'trick' of the lighting.)
    Magical Snap - 2015.12.02 10.09 - 002.jpg Magical Snap - 2015.12.02 10.09 - 001.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

4. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

That will be it. Thank-you 'gxs' - much appreciated. I have other notes that are similar and I imagine that the same applies to them - special issue - removed from folder.
    Thanks again - Regards

Draft saved Draft deleted