Dutch East Indies

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by CHARLES GINETTO, May 2, 2019.

1. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

I recently sold this coin on Ebay: DSCN0638.JPG DSCN0639.JPG I sold it for five dollars and found that Ebay had another seller post it for $25.00. His coin is in poorer condition than mine. Where does one go to get an accurate value of coins thay have for sale?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scott schultz

scott schultz New Member

Use duckduckgo or google, can always find something on it. at least a past sale price

4. CHARLES GINETTO

Thank you.

5. buckeye73

buckeye73 Well-Known Member

Your coin is listed in the Standard Catalog of World Coins by Krause and Mishler for Netherlands East Indies as KM 75.
    For the latest KM value, google Netherlands East Indies KM 75 NGC. You will get an NGC World Coin Price Guide which shows the latest Krause value. In your case it is $3.00 in XF. You received a fair price for your coin IMO. Another eBay seller can list a coin for any price he/she chooses, but that does not mean it will sell at that price.
    I am a world type coin collector. I use the above procedure to arrive at an up to date approximate value for my coins. I have found in general that older coins are conservatively priced and modern coins have real market values of about 65% of listed price for non previous metals and about 75% for silver coins. Gold coins are much more complicated.

6. CHARLES GINETTO

Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted