Dump Banks...

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Wheatmaster101, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

For all of you regular coin roll hunters, where do you go to dump coins? I can't seem to find any banks with a machine. Do you guys roll your coins? In need of help...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

I do both. I have 1 dump bank I take rolls to and 1 I put in a machine. All dollar coins are rolled, but I dump halves in the machine.

4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I’m in a unique circumstance. I roll everything but Lincoln cents.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

They are all dump banks! You dump at their bank and they dump at your bank.

Chris

6. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I roll all my coins except for cents as well. For every other demonimation I only take a few coins per roll and replace them, however with cents i take way to many to keep track on how much I've taken. I usually dump cents at the coinstar machine and get a no fee amazon giftcard, which my parents purchase from me (they spend there anyway so they don't mind.
    I give my coins to whatever bank i can that day. I usually try to dump far away (like when I'm at school, 40 minutes away from my house) so i have a lesser chance of getting my coins back.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

When I was stateside, amazon gift cards for no fee coin star was also my method for cents. Highly recommended.

8. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

When I first started roll hunting I would roll everything. I bought a box of 1000 cent wrappers off of amazon to have a nice supply on hand. Plus it's just not cool to ask for rolls of change AND more empty wrappers to put them back in. I would usually take them all to the one bank where I work. When I started doing a lot of cents I got an account at a credit union and I pay 2.9% to hand anything in. It's really convenient and I don't mind paying the fee. I don't really ask for change anywhere other than the bank where I have my main account. They don't give me any - edited by moderator - or bad glances for asking for change.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2018
  9. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

I get my wrappers at my buy banks. They give them 10 to 15 at a time.

10. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

I dump all my halfs at the credit union I belong to. No fee, deposits right back to my account. order boxes from a different bank, three different branches during the week for a total of 14-16 boxes per week. fortunately, all the head tellers like me and now are asking to see the finds.

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Do you guys rip open the rolls?
    Are they paper, or plastic like I see many now at cash registers?

The paper ones you can open and reuse if you open properly.

12. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

rip'em, just like opening presents on Christmas morning!! I save a few just to put finds in so they have a secure place.

Draft saved Draft deleted