Draped bust silver dollar no date uncirculated

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by MARS BARS, Sep 27, 2023.

1. MARS BARS

MARS BARS New Member

IMG_5996.jpeg IMG_5995.jpeg So just like my title says..I have an draped bust silver dollar with no date that is uncirculated and I was wondering if anyone had any info on value?? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Not a draped bust silver dollar, just a privately produced one ounce silver bullion round. Value is whatever the going price of silver is at the moment.

4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

If that really is silver o_O

6. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

First of all, welcome to CT!

Agreed, it's not an actual coin & it's not a particularly well done piece, which begs the question of authenticity. Usually a bullion producer is proud of their work & will have identifying marks on the piece.

So, where or how did you acquire this?

Any quality jeweler who buys & sell precious metal should be able to assess (test) its authenticity for you.

Thanks for posting!

MARS BARS and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Is the DT on the bottom the designer or company. It does not ring a bell at the moment.

MARS BARS likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It has no date as it’s just an ounce of silver that’s .999 fine. The manufactures of such use all sorts of designs. You can get this design in pure copper.

Cheech9712, MARS BARS and tommyc03 like this.
  9. PlanoSteve

I don't recognize it either.

MARS BARS likes this.
  10. MARS BARS

MARS BARS New Member

I acquired it as a gift the year I was born (1987) by a friend of my Fathers. I, in all honesty forgotten about it then I found it 10 years later in a box while cleaning out my closet the other day. In my picture I had covered the writing but on the sheath the coin sits in says my full legal name and the date 1987 along with the husband and wife’s name who gifted it to me.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  11. MARS BARS

MARS BARS New Member

Thank you for the info

l.cutler likes this.
  12. PlanoSteve

What a great provenance! Congrats on a nice heirloom piece. :singing:

13. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

The design is similar, but the die work is very different. Here is a genuine example.

"The devil is in the details."

1802 Dollar All.jpg

Here is angle shot, which shows more design details and luster.

1802 Dollar Angle All.jpg

14. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

It says it on the back one troy ounce of .999 silver. It is just the design of the round and not a real coin.

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If you know a chemistry teacher or science teacher, it is easy to tell by density. Copper is 8.96 g/cc, and silver is 10.49g/cc. Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted