Doubled????

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Rayrayford2, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Rayrayford2

Rayrayford2 Active Member

Doubled

Attached Files:

capthank and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Suggestion.. Keep creating your threads over at the Error Coins forum. Not the What's it Worth forum.
    Worry more about what it could be than value.

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Remember , the title is one of the most important parts of your post . Then the Body and Also great Pics !! :happy::happy:

capthank and Rayrayford2 like this.
  6. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

7. Rayrayford2

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  8. Rayrayford2

When I read the reference it seems to be saying that the Hydrozincite formed is a result of the strike error not that the original damage is post strike error. And they are calling it an error so could you elaborate on your point to clear up my confusion? Thanks

9. Rayrayford2

I have some clearer photos for instruction I want to post sir. I do believe that it is what you called it but is that the same as machine doubling? Also your referenced the reverse and not the obverse I see some doubling there also. Thanks
    PS. Also it appears the striations are not all pushing in the same direction

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  10. Rayrayford2

So what is your opinion on the Coin itself

Newb2coins likes this.
  11. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

I see no doubling, just light reflection.

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's a handsome red cent, that's all. Why doesn't it occur to you to study up on die doubling given your obvious interest in it? I know ten-year-olds who understand die doubling better than you seem to and the only difference is they took the bother to study up on it and become literate in it and you hadn't. Put down the camera, get on your web browser and learn a little, then let your questions fly. We'll wait, we're not going anywhere. Take your time. It's not a problem, really...

Cheech9712 and capthank like this.
  13. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Do doubling in my opinion. Good luck

14. Rayrayford2

Good point and you're right I'll just start looking for wide and close AM's instead.

eddiespin likes this.
  15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'm not seeing any doubling but may I suggest that you find out what the coin is before you want to want know what's it's worth. A coin is always worth face value but what it is can increase the value. So what's more important, what's it worth or what is it?

16. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Start somewhere, wherever you like. But I'll tell you something you're going to find about us if you stick here long enough. When we see new members making an effort to learn, we'll break our backs to help them out. Count on it. Good luck.

17. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It's too bad that OREO cookies aren't like coins, yet have similar "errors", "Excessive creme expulsion error" "Crust crack die Error". "Inner creme void error", " "Rotational Crust error" , etc. If they are denied by Cookettes on the forums, they can be eaten. Jim

19. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

In all probability you won't be able to recognise one of those either. What is your aversion to researching and learning about your coins. Seems to me that you are only interested in a miracle payday and have no interest in numismatics in general. The members on here that show they have at least tried to identify what they have, showing reference links etc. to where they have looked have my respect. The other side of the coin (deliberate) are those who repeatedly ask "what's it worth"?

20. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

some people think coins are easy street to a huge payday what they don't understand is the coin biz is hard work, long hours and very little chance of a huge payday

john65999 and expat like this.
  21. Rayrayford2

Good point I'm getting a little better and more interested in this hobby. I prefer the slot machines and that's why I'm here instead

Draft saved Draft deleted