Doubled Ear???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hunting Rare, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

@White Ger. Shep. Lover That's an interesting perspective...I went to the latest photos and I have to agree. If you sit back and forget that you are looking at a coin, there is plenty of interest in that photo!! I'm only about 2 hours out of Boston and New York, so I'm particularly lucky in having many choices to go see great art (I generally visit the MFA annually). Perhaps Hunting Rare is onto something...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hunting Rare

Hunting Rare Active Member

Permission granted.

4. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

You could name it Ear Wax.

5. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

Kevin has touched on a very astute aspect of Hunting Rare's last two pieces of work (photos). While critiquing his pics, take a big deep breath, sit on back with an open mind, maybe take a big gulp of Wild Turkey and most importantly , totally forget that you are viewing coins. Hunting Rare's gross over magnification truly captures the essence of what Vincent van Gogh is attempting to accomplish in his master piece paintings. If I may, I would like to recite a few Vincent van Gogh quotes that I believe not only gives us a keen insight into the mind of the great artist, but also into the mind and soul of our talented new friend, Hunting Rare.

- "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together".

- "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process".

-"what would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything"?

-"I wish they would only take me as I am".

Now that's funny!

6. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Polish_20200216_190707699.jpg

You like coin photos as art? Check out the lighting, color, texture and depth of my avatar coin. Have another slug and enjoy.

7. Hunting Rare

I do believe I finally got the "moneyshot". And through a penny sleeve too haha.

Can we put this to bed?

IMG_6301.jpg

8. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Bed? I thought we were going the starving artist route.

9. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

It's not a doubled ear! It looks nothing like the doubled ear. Put it to bed!

10. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

Talk about a "moneyshot!" I think to a man, we all can be in agreement that nobody snaps a better pic than our esteemed new friend, Hunting Rare. Good show, Hunting Rare......good show!

11. Hunting Rare

12. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Draft saved Draft deleted