Doubled Ear Dime?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JSparrow1220, Dec 8, 2018.

1. JSparrow1220

JSparrow1220 Active Member

Hey guys, I hope that everyone is having a great day. So, I'm not very big into dimes.. They aren't my favorite, but I still go through rolls here and there to try and fill up coin books. I ran across this and it looked odd to me, so I wanted some opinions on it. To the best of my knowledge, pennies and quarters are the only coins known to have the double ear error. I couldn't find anything on dimes. What appears as a "Double Earlobe" on these pictures does not look shelf-like to me (probably deterioration), but I'm not an expert. Let me know what everyone thinks and thanks in advance for any helpful responses!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Sparrow that's die deteration, dimes are struck by the millions! The dies get a real work out. Towards the end of the dies life they start to break down fast. I've have found die cracks in the last 3 years of productions as well as chips.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Really difficult to tell from photos. I suspect it is DDD, but let's wait for more experienced members to chime in.

5. JSparrow1220

JSparrow1220 Active Member

That's what I'm leaning towards too, but it looked interesting and I wanted to make sure before I toss it back into circulation. It caught my eye and I needed a second opinion on it. It would be nice if it were the real deal, lol

6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Keep searching tney are out there.

JSparrow1220 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted