Double Strike

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Chuckybuck, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Chuckybuck

Chuckybuck New Member

Talk about a job. Wife and I have always taken any coin that was different or maybe older that we take in in change and we have always dumped them into a container. As we got too many for the container then we went to a larger one. Now we are checking some of them. I found this double strike and looked on ebay for what has sold and some of these sell pretty decent. But I have no clue how to value them. So give me some ideas as to what this may be worth and how to do the value of a double strike coin.

Attached Files:

dwhiz likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Comparing sold prices for double struck coins isn't going to help you much, sir; your coin isn't double struck. What I see is a no date off-center, which are quite common and unfortunately isn't going to bring much if offered for sale. This isn't to say it's not a cool coin or a neat find, but only that it's not highly valuable; you're likely looking at under $10 somewhere.

ldhair likes this.
  4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

your coin is an "off center struck" coin, nice find, below is an image of a double struck cent...

36644_lg.jpeg

paddyman98 and dwhiz like this.
  5. Chuckybuck

Chuckybuck New Member

Good clarification. We have 3 old California style water delivery type bottle neck glass containers left to look at.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Your coin is approximately 55% O/C. If you really want to know what it is worth, list it on eBay with a 99c start and no reserve. You really can't lose since it only cost you 1c.

Chris

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I say that's about right. Here is example certified by NGC from my collection -
    3664488-002.JPG

8. So what, exactly, is it worth? Did you buy it or have it stabbed?

Draft saved Draft deleted