Double stamped serial?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Jake Romig, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Jake Romig

Jake Romig New Member

Opinions?

Attached Files:

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

It appears as minor under inking and not double printed.

Oldhoopster and PlanoSteve like this.
  4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. Your note appears to be a lack of ink for the serial number, as @SteveInTampa said. You can also find notes with too much ink, but NAV, no added value, IMO.

5. Jake Romig

Jake Romig New Member

Thanks to Heritage Auctions this "lack of ink" 1 dollar bill got me $257.

6. Jake Romig

Jake Romig New Member

Thanks to Heritage Auctions this "lack of ink" 1 dollar bill got me $257

7. SteveInTampa

Congratulations, could you post a link to the sale please ?

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. Jake Romig

Jake Romig New Member

Heres HAs appraisal it was a private sale.

Attached Files:

9. SteveInTampa

Thanks. I’m totally shocked.

10. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Troll? I mean how hard would it be to fake an email from HA and the screen capture it?

And especially how none of the rest of the 3rd printing seems doubled... Im having a hard time believing HA would fall for this.

paddyman98 and SteveInTampa like this.
  11. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

It's a 2013 $1, so it was serialled on LEPE. The computerized LEPE numbering heads are so large that the left serial and right serial on each note can't be printed simultaneously any more--one set prints the left serial on every note on a sheet, and a second set prints the right serial on every note. In other words, it's completely possible for one serial to be underinked/misaligned/whatever without the other serial being affected.

Also, the Heritage email correctly states that the serial is *not* double-printed, just blurred a bit by a "bounce" or a shift of the paper against the numbering head.

Only part I don't get is the value. Imperfectly printed serials aren't that unusual. I would also have put this note in the "not worth the Ebay fees" category. Congratulations to the OP on finding someone who'd pay $250 for it...but good luck to that buyer on ever selling it for a tenth of that, if you ask me.

Oldhoopster and JCB like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's under inked but the sold price is insane.

13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Sorry Jake, but without proof, I ain't buying it and you've burned any good will towards yourself.

14. Jake Romig

Jake Romig New Member

It does say double printing and how would one fake heritages email address? You doubt the authenticity of the email? Why would i go through the effort the only reason i asked opinions from here was due to the length in time it took to get a response from them they generally respond to me within a week.

15. Jake Romig

Jake Romig New Member

Heres the complete email with a reference number from heritage

Attached Files:

paddyman98 likes this.
  16. SteveInTampa

I don’t believe anyone here disputes your electronic communications with Heritage and thanks for the screenshots @Jake Romig. I’m still getting over the shock of your sale price and I see no evidence of the transaction with what you’ve recently posted.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted