Double stamped serial numbers

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by meandyou4ever0, Sep 21, 2022.

1. meandyou4ever0

meandyou4ever0 meandyou4ever0

Does this have any significance? Is it common for ink to bleed through to the opposite side of bills? 20220921_204841.jpg 20220921_205053.jpg 20220921_204913.jpg 20220921_204934.jpg 20220921_204715.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Not a double stamp issue.

Overinking :nailbiting:

Dean 295 likes this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I totally agree with Ed. Spender again.... ;)

meandyou4ever0 likes this.
  5. meandyou4ever0

Ok, but you guys can see the serial number coming through onto the back of the bill, right? It can be seen well in the 4th picture.

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes
    And as I stated that is caused by overinking.
    The ink bled through a bit.

7. meandyou4ever0

Yes sir. Thank you

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have a few bills where the ink on one side shows through on the other side. Some are quite strong. But it’s just that the ink (as paper money is printed) was heavy in that area and it bled through the paper. Unless very dramatic it’s not worth anything over face value.

9. meandyou4ever0

I'm starting to see that collecting is a lot harder than it appears. I guess because I'm not buying the collectable. Actually spending money looks like the way to go. I don't want to collect that way. I'm hoping for a lot of "ahhhh" moments from my pocket change. What are my chances of that ever happening lol....what is the coolest item ever received in pocket change you guys have?

10. meandyou4ever0

As of today, the coolest things I have received are a couple of star notes and the Bicentennial nickels

11. meandyou4ever0

Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy the hunt so very much.

12. Collecting Nut

Your asking the next to impossible.

13. meandyou4ever0

Want to have some fun? What do you say, starting today we have 2 weeks to find something worth keeping. Doesn't have to be valuable or have a reference, just something...then we post it in 2 weeks and see what we have? I think it will be fun. And no cheating, it has to be from actual change given to you from wherever you shop, not something you already possess.

14. Collecting Nut

Basically I don’t shop. If I need something, I order it and it’s delivered. I even have my groceries delivered. It hurts my knee too much to walk so I don’t go shopping. Otherwise it sounds like fun. Sorry but I just don’t spend money, except on coins and that doesn’t generate change.

15. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

There's no reason you have to collect exclusively one way or the other. I'm virtually 100% sure that every collector here that buys their coins/notes also looks for the elusive pocket change find. It's just much easier and faster accumulating a collection by buying the pieces as opposed to searching through pocket change, CRH, or searching straps of FRN's.

Enjoy the hunt, whether that means searching rolls or straps or looking at coins and notes at your LCS or online shops or auctions. It's all fun and hopefully rewarding too.

16. meandyou4ever0

I agree 100% I really do enjoy

masterswimmer likes this.
  17. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

After the bills are printed they are stacked. If the ink is nice and fresh it can sometimes transfer to the bill above it in the stack. That may be what you have.

SteveInTampa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted