DOUBLE EDGE RIM - 1953 Quarter

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by CoinCollectorSearch, Feb 14, 2018.

1. CoinCollectorSearch

CoinCollectorSearch New Member

Hello All,
    I recently found A 1953 QUARTER with a edge that appears to be doubled. I don't know If this is an error or just simply something else. I had done a lot of searching and cannot find out any info about this!

If someone could help me out that would be awesome!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCollectorSearch

4. CoinCollectorSearch

Hello All,

I recently found A 1953 QUARTER with a edge that appears to be doubled. I don't know If this is an error or just simply something else. I had done a lot of searching and cannot find out any info about this!

If someone could help me out that would be awesome!

Attached Files:

5. CoinCollectorSearch

here is the zoomed out coin

Attached Files:

• qt.png
      qt.png
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
  6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I merged multiple posts into a single thread.

7. CoinCollectorSearch

thank you, sorry im new to this.

8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

CoinCollectorSearch likes this.
  9. CoinCollectorSearch

thanks for the link, I appreciate the resource!!!

are these errors worth anything?

10. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

[​IMG]

eddiespin likes this.
  11. CoinCollectorSearch

?

12. V. Kurt Bellman

Just the most recent manifestation of my long-term frustration with new collectors trying to "hit it big" with so-called error coins. Look, it's not you, per se. It's a meme started by ignorant YouTube videos, and you got wrapped up in it. It drives me nuts.

Here you are, looking for imperfections on coins, and I've been searching for the ultimate in perfection all these years.

CoinCollectorSearch likes this.
  13. CoinCollectorSearch

Awesome, Im not new to collecting, im new to the forum. Im not trying to "hit it big"
    im just trying to evaluate a coin that has been in my collection for years and I never noticed until recently the rim. I know what your talking about and that not what im doing lol, I was more interested in finding out the cause. and Rick gave me an excellent resource for the cause

Thanks

14. CoinCollectorSearch

Also - the youtube videos annoy the hell out of me too......

15. V. Kurt Bellman

I just found out last night, while watching an episode of MacBreak Weekly that is isn't just numismatics that's being inundated with similar YouTube videos, it's EVERYTHING. One of the hosts turned his cap backward and imitated one of those YouTube hosts, with the yelled, "Whoa, dudes, check it out...". We need to find those people, and we need to take away their computers, before they hurt themselves.

16. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

VKB has raised an issue that irks many of us. So, you may be a long-time collector, but you still ask the same question that is typically asked of us by so many of the "BoobTube'ers".........."What's it worth?"

Anyone who has been collecting for any length of time would surely know that a coin, any coin, is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Chris

17. CoinCollectorSearch

Haha, that and also the annoying videos with click bait titles in ALL CAPS.

18. CoinCollectorSearch

Wrong, as I stated before I have never see this one before, and have never seen the error.

19. cpm9ball

Then, why did you post this in the "What's it Worth" forum? Why not use the "Error Coins" forum?

Chris

20. CoinCollectorSearch

If you would read,

Im new to forums. I have no idea what is what, another guy merged my post. Im not sure where to put it.

Sorry?

Im only here to find out if this is something common or not, I had never heard of the phrase collar clash, I Had been searching google for "double rim" and was unable to find any info.

21. cpm9ball

Doug, aka GDJMSP, is one of the mods. He combined your posts into one thread because you probably created a new thread (unintentionally) to add the obverse image. It's a common mistake that happens quite often.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted