DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT WHEN THIS HAPPENS?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Feb 27, 2020.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I went to Home Depot yesterday afternoon to buy some nails, ect and I went to the
    self checkout and rang everything up, put cash into the machine,,,wait wait, I have to tell you this, The checkout machines are pretty much computers which I am sure you all know, but I am done scanning stuff and hit the checkout button thing on the screen and trying to put my payment into the machine but it wont take it....I forgot to hit the payment button as to how I am paying, cash, or card....The lady who works there saw this and came over to my machine as she was talking to someone else, and hit the "cash" button....Then the machine started taking my money ( eye roll ) it gave me my change and I was looking at it in my hand and saw a 1940D cent!!!! HA!!HA!! I love when that happens and that does not happen too often....Well for me anyways...Anyways, the lady saw me staring at my change and came over and asked me if everything was ok, I told her THE MACHINE GAVE ME A 1940 WHEAT CENT!!! she smiled.. SingleShot0000.jpg SingleShot0003.jpg 1940 REVERSE.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Wow! A true coin collector, good on you Joe! :D

SmokinJoe likes this.
  5. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Sometime the smallest thing can just "Made My Day".

SmokinJoe likes this.
  6. SmokinJoe

I certainly have to agree with you on that alurid:)

7. SmokinJoe

Thanks fretboard !

8. SmokinJoe

Wow! thanks ken454!

ken454 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted