Don't Like Vcoins Update

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Mat, May 31, 2016.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Woke up this morning and saw Vcoins updated their site quite a bit with even animation explaining the changes.

I'm all for updates to sites but this latest one has a horribly long drop down menu that you now have to use to find a store. Before, it was simply typing a few letters in and poof, stores that closely matched appeared. If I want to look for a store, like Zuzim, I have wait till it scrolls all the way to the last one.

Also not liking the new search. Before I could search what was newly listed since my last search, even if it was 1 hour ago, now I can only search latest using "24hrs" and newest listing option. I just have to remember what coin I saw before now so can see what's new since that last coin addition I saw was.

I think this is gonna tick off store owners and mainly customers. I am not happy.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Carthago

Carthago Does this look infected to you?

I just checked it out and I kind of like it, Mat. I remember the list of dealers they used to have was just on a separate page and not even in alpha order. This was a few years back.

4. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I like the changes and find the drop-down store list (alphabetical) much easier, plus I like the new categories.

I haven't explored it fully. I did like the old "view last 24 hours/48/week" option, although I can adjust to the new way.

Nicholas Molinari likes this.
  5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I liked the search box to look up stores myself. The old view "last 24 hours/48/week" option" is there, it's the "since last visit" I used all the time is missing. So I have no choice to use the "24" option and remember which coin was shown last so I can see whats new from that coin.

Carthago likes this.
  6. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

I don't mind it. I always only search by keyword and no changes appear to have been made to that set-up. This might prompt me to browse by category a bit more, and I might find things my searches missed.

7. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

Sounds like something they could add back in, no? Maybe try writing to them.

8. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Don't care, don't mind.

As far as I understand it you can still use the "advanced search" for that (last new items search)

Q

9. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Dulce et Decorum est....

Ditto.

10. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

The only thing that's slightly annoying is it doesn't save your search preferences every time you visit the site. I always had my 'Items added since' set to 'last 24 Hours' and never had to reset it unless I emptied my browser cache.

Draft saved Draft deleted