dollar bill run numbers?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jatallman87, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jatallman87

jatallman87 I am Jay

I found 50 uncirculated consecutive serial number one dollar bills at work. The serial numbers are E 66616801 E -E 66616850 E. They are series 2009. I was wondering if they were worth keeping. If there is any other info from the dollar bills that you need to answer my question let me know.

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Well, 666 is (supposedly) the mark of the beast. That may give them a premium.

4. jatallman87

jatallman87 I am Jay

That's really the only reason I considered them. I know next to nothing about collecting paper money. If I decide to try and sell them should I break it up into lots of 5 or 10 or should I try to sell them all together?

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

IMO, the smaller the lot, the higher the premium.

6. jatallman87

jatallman87 I am Jay

OK. thanks for the input. I may just grab them up tomorrow and see what they go for.

7. g1rge

g1rge Member

E 66616811 E, E 66616816 E and E 66616818 E would be Trinarys

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

You are right, but on a personal note, I do not know anyone that collects these.

9. jatallman87

jatallman87 I am Jay

From what I have read, binary is 1's and 0's, but has been extended (for collecting) to anything that contains no more than 2 different numbers in the s/n. Trinarys were made up to make it appear that it holds a higher premium.

Sorry if that doen't make sense. I know what I'm trying to say I just don't know how to word it. Pretty much "trinarys" were made up by someone to make money on bills that had little or no premium.

Draft saved Draft deleted