Doily Holder

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by redcent230, Sep 29, 2016.

1. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

What is a Doily Holder from PCGS ?? And is it rare or any premium toward the coin ? Any help would be great.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Google is your friend
    I want to share this webpage with you - http://www.greatcollections.com/kb/Doily-PCGS-Holders-t186-4.html

Quote "The Doily holder is one of the most coveted holder/label types of certified coins. It was produced by PCGS for a short time from August 1989 through January 1990. Only a few of these slabs survive today and many believe that the graders were conservative during this time.
    Today, Doily holders sell for a premium. We will always note OGH (Doily) in the title of the listing. OGH = Old Green Holder.
    " closed quote

ddddd and dwhiz like this.
  4. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

There is a census thread on the PCGS board - a something like 400-500 are known.

Not as rare as the NGC Black (maybe 20-30 known) or the PCGS Regency holders (couple hundred).

ddddd likes this.
  5. ddddd

ddddd Member

Burton Strauss III likes this.
  6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They have a black NGC census over there somewhere as well, could you see if you can find that one too?

ddddd likes this.
  7. ddddd

ddddd Member

8. ddddd

ddddd Member

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Thanks, just what I needed.

ddddd likes this.
  10. ddddd

ddddd Member

Since this thread could use some photos, here is my example of a doily (not yet in the census):

IMG_9572.JPG IMG_9573.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted