Does your collection have a limit?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Sallent, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

My only limit is my budget.

I have a very long list of coins on my wishlist. :p

Erin

Plumbata and tibor like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

My wife has a limit................but I passed that YEARS ago

4. Nathan P

Nathan P Well-Known Member

I have two boys age 15 and 17. There are really into card games like Dungeons and Dragons and particularly Magic the Gathering. They have a club after school where they play these games with many other kids. My older son went to an engineering camp over the summer and now plays Dungeons and Dragons online with two kids who also went to the camp - one from North Carolina and another who lives in France.

I bring this up because my boys and their friends do collect these cards and even sell the ones they don't want over the Internet for a lot more money than you would expect.

Given that my boys are also interested in history, it's not inconceivable to me that they might develop an interest in numismatics when they're older and have the time and money to pursue the hobby.

I'd also point out that if it wasn't for the Internet, I myself would never have found this hobby or even known it was possible to acquire these beautiful pieces of history for largely affordable prices. It's also rapidly accelerated my learning curve far beyond what would have been possible in the pre-Internet days.

Plumbata likes this.
  5. Multatuli

Multatuli Homo numismaticus

My limit is my life time.
    And my budget, of course. I started “collecting” coins around my 5-6 years. Since then, Numismatics is so ingrained in my life that I can't imagine myself without it. I even think about how people can live without collecting coins. Maybe I an a coinholic, who knows? The collector is a happy person. I at least am. I can say that collecting coins would work in my life as an antidepressant in another's. And each new coin brings me the same thrill as 30 years ago, when the first ancient coins began to appear in my collection. Why do we have limits?

6. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

I couldn’ t live without my Roman Imperial coins (and the accompanying reference books) either. There are no limits to the extent of your collection other than the ones you choose to impose yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted