Does this look like "1851" to anyone else?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by carson pytell, Sep 17, 2015.

1. carson pytell

carson pytell New Member

Bought a lot of 35 coins for $20 and within it was an 1858 Canadian ten cent piece, an 1857 UK Shilling, several other silver coins and one coin that has me regretting not asking for the date before I purchased the lot, like I did with the Canadian and other silver coins.

It is a Swiss 1 Franc, and I cannot, no matter how I alter the brightness and sharpness of the photo, seem to formulate an accurate date. To me, it looks like 1851. Any thoughts by anyone else?

$_3 (3)_kindlephoto-675945378.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Not from that photo! It's too small.

Chris

4. carson pytell

carson pytell New Member

That's the problem! This is the only photo I have of the coin until the whole lot arrives.

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I know the excitement can be overwhelming, but sometimes, patience is the best course of action.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Patience is a virtue!

Chris

7. carson pytell

carson pytell New Member

Yes indeed it is. That being said, I will still be like a kid on Christmas when this package arrives!

8. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

1850A and 1851A are the common one franc coins in the 1850's, somewhere around $100 in fine to very fine. The price drops off rapidly in good and very good.

The 1857B is the great rarity, $6000-8000 fine to very fine, lots of counterfeits with retooled date and mint mark, but quite evident at 20x. Good luck.

Check auction website www.ricardo.ch for "Solds" of 19th Century Swiss silver.

Draft saved Draft deleted