Does Heritage Auctions ship to Canada?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Savy, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Savy

Savy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Heritage Auctions ships to Canada? If so, for how much?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

Yes & insured(which was added in January) via UPS. Their link to the shipping rates seems to be down at the moment though, might be best to call or send them a quick e-mail to get the specifics.

4. Savy

Savy Well-Known Member

Thanks, and is there a way to get them to ship by USPS? I always have a lot of trouble when people ship UPS.

5. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

They used to have the options of Fedex, UPS or USPS unless the order was over $250 and paid via paypal or CC (then Fedex and UPS only). Not sure with the changes they made in January as I use UPS so didn't notice if other options were still available.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  6. Savy

Savy Well-Known Member

Thanks!

7. tsz

tsz New Member

Sorry for my bad English.

Please beware of Heritage international shipping.
    I'm ordered some gold coins from Heritage. I'm from Europe. Heritage wants to ship by UPS internationally with shipping insurance.
    But only one thing is bad:
    At UPS, the coins and gold is strictly prohibited items, and excluded from insurance.
    Not only in international shipping, but in domestic shipping too.

Additinally, Heritage auction not borne any risk when ship internationally...

And the Heritage customer support is terrible. I quoted the UPS Terms and Conditions, but they the not interested. They tell always: my shipping will be insured full by UPS...

I don't know, why Heritage Acutions scam continuously their customers. Why risk their customers money...Especially the international customers. I think, when the international shipment will lost, nobody will paid.

If you don't trust me: Please read the Heritage Terms and Conds:
    http://www.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and-conditions.zx?view=terms
    It's stated clearly, HA not borne any risk internationally.
    And please read UPS Terms & Conds:
    http://www.ups.com/media/en/terms_service_us.pdf
    See: "3.1 Items Not Accepted for Transportation" and "53.3 Exclusions from Liability". It's clearly states, precious metals and coins is strictly prohibited, and not insured!!!!

Summary: Nobody borne the risk, when you order internationally from Heritage Auction!!! But Heritage Auction scams theirs customers, and tell: they will be insured. This is a huge irresponsibility from HA!

ThinnPikkins likes this.
  8. tsz

tsz New Member

Additional information about couriers:
    FedEx not prohibit precious metals and coins, but limited liability to $1000

Only FedEx Declared Value Advance program offer $100k liability for gemstones and jewellery, precious metals, etc. in domestic and international shipment, but only on special agreeent basis.

USPS
    can ship these valuables upto $25k, but limited liability when sip internationally... Typical is $2500. Changed every country by country.

DHL
    is prohibit gold and coins.

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You are right about Heritage's terms. So for international shipment for high value items (You decide what constitutes high value based on how much risk you are willing to accept.) it would be a good idea to have your own private insurance coverage.

Draft saved Draft deleted