Does coin collecting make you anti-social?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JCB1983, Jul 24, 2012.

1. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

A socio-path is someone who does not conform to established
    norms of good social behavior. But if these norms were
    established, then they did not exist at the time when "they"
    were deciding what good social behaviour is. Which means,
    they, not conforming to their as yet established norms,
    were socio-paths deciding who's a socio-path. And that is the
    reason "they" are out to get us.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

You pegged it good right there. I couldn't name three modern celebrities, didn't even know who "Snooki" was until somebody told me. Most modern music I have never heard, especially pop. There is nothing wrong with not conforming to a society that bases its opinions of each other on greediness, popularity, and whether or not you know who is getting divorced for the hundredth time. Ask anybody I know and they will tell you I'm generally a very sociable person. I don't talk much in groups, but I did theatre for years (yes you have to be sociable to do this) and have worked with the public since I turned 16 (a whole four years! :p ). Anyways, just be who you are. Coin collecting didn't change you, you just lost a grip on what society is really like after hanging out with us for a while. :)

4. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

?

5. longnine009

The Illumanati. They're everywhere.:eek:

6. oval_man

I think we're safe. :)

Your logic is a bit fuzzy. A norm not yet established can't be conformed to nor rebelled against.

7. longnine009

That's exactly what they want you to think.

8. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

I love snooky... ok that was a bit overly sarcastic. I'm a fan of the cooking reality shows.

But a coin reality show would be cool. Pick a state and a few people, give them a certain amount of time and money and see who picks the best coin. Condition, value and price paid would determine the winner. Well... at least it sounds good in my head.

9. onejinx

onejinx Junior Member

I don't feel I am anti-social.

I just find that most people do put up a fake front. And to have to sit and listen to their dribble annoys the **** out of me. Alot also create drama in their lives. Some people I find interesting and could talk with them for hours about meaningful things, but there are not too many of them i have come across.

*edited to add*

Guess I can't say H...e.....double hockey sticks

10. oval_man

Who are they? Please explain. :)

In the meantime, I'll abide by what Einstein said: "The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe."

11. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

I think this thread is proving that, yes, coin collectors are anti-social.

12. longnine009

I'm trying to sound paranoid and anti social. :devil:

Draft saved Draft deleted