Does anyone remember this stuff?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hoky77, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I still have a bottle with about 20% left. It was a good product for worn copper.

Hoky77 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

I have a few precious drops left. Those are reserved for the best finds.

Hoky77 likes this.
  4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I still have a plastic bottle of CCC from 1963. Almost full.

Hoky77 likes this.
  5. buckeye73

buckeye73 Well-Known Member

I bought 3 bottles about 20 years ago at the LCS when it was about to go off the market. I now have about 15% of one bottle remaining. It is being saved for special use only. Verdi-Care appears to a satisfactory substitute on coppers.
    It seems in recent years that some buyers have claimed that sellers have diluted the Blue Ribbon product to increase profit.

Hoky77 likes this.
  6. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

I still have two unopened bottles along with my trusty brush. I haven't used either one for a couple of decades. The stuff is nasty to people and coins alike. My opinion of course. Most coin doctors have moved on to a whole new variety of solutions, no pun intended.

Hoky77 and Stevearino like this.
  7. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

All this thirst is making me talky! :p

"Brilliantize"...that's short for "brilliant to the eyes"! :joyful:

Yes!...but his old gentleman friend Jack is mighty nice also, albeit they don't combine well! :smug:

Yes it is! :happy:;)

Wow, all this talky is making me thirst again! :smuggrin::smuggrin::D

Hoky77, Stevearino and furryfrog02 like this.
  8. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

It's not Grey Goose, but still a very good vodka. I'd rank it alongside Kettle One. It won't disappoint.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  9. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

10. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

11. Hoky77

Hoky77 Well-Known Member

The wonderful thing about this product is that it does what it i supposed to do. It wasn't meant to bring corroded coin back from the dead or to restore luster to a brown coin. Marshal is right when he says "I have a few precious drops left. Those are reserved for the best finds." One might be surprised to see how much green can be lifted from a 90% red coin by applying a drop to a Qtip and gently swabbing the coin. It doesn't change the color and it protects from further deterioration. I wouldn't apply it to a coin with desirable toning as the toning is a product of deterioration and the result probably would not be a happy ending.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  12. Hoky77

Hoky77 Well-Known Member

I just proof read this post and realized that this stuff is just like Bourbon, it does what is supposed to do with a great end result

PlanoSteve likes this.
  13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Still have 6 bottles of it hoarded away. Also have 2/3rd of a bottle of CARE, the product that Blue Ribbon replaced, and which was more highly thought of in the copper community than Blue Ribbon.

Hoky77 likes this.
  14. Hoky77

Hoky77 Well-Known Member

15. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Price:
    US $389.99
    $34 for 12 months

Not bad if you make the monthly payments :eek:

Or, you could buy a whole case of good bourbon ;)

Hoky77 likes this.
  16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

There are two other partial bottles on ebay, one for $224, and one for $485.

17. Hoky77

Hoky77 Well-Known Member

That's quite a mark up, here's a pic of the price tag on my stash 20191203_195741.jpg

Marshall and juris klavins like this.
  18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Stash of Blue Ribbon or Care? The prices I quoted were for Care, Blue ribbon would be lower but still a heck of a mark up.

19. Hoky77

Hoky77 Well-Known Member

Blue Ribbon, It's the price of the bottle that started the thread.

20. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Are we talking Pabst? :Do_O

Hoky77 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted