Does anyone know what these are?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Keith Iwan Bowles, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Screenshot_20201219-231716.jpg Screenshot_20201219-231716.jpg 20201219_194821.jpg 20201219_192029.jpg 20201219_200237~2.jpeg The pic is what i found as possible examples on left side.They seem to be made out of steal mixture?I have about 20 or so.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The Eidolon

The Eidolon Well-Known Member

Don't know, but if you rotate yours so that the 10:00 position is down, there is a 4 digit Arabic numeral. I think it says 1213, maybe. That would be 1798, I think. That being said, the hole makes me wonder it's not a real coin, but part of a belly dancing costume, for example.

4. The Eidolon

Here's an Algerian 1/4 Budju with a very similar pattern to your piece.
    (Not mine, image from Numista) Yours rotated below for comparison.
    These were made AH 1204-1220 which includes the claimed date of 1213.
    529-360.jpg 1213.jpg

Keith Iwan Bowles likes this.
  5. dltsrq

dltsrq Grumpy Old Man

All are Ottoman. Yours has the mint name Misr مصر ("Egypt") and the date 1213.

MIGuy likes this.
  6. Oh well that is interesting and exciting as well thank you.

7. Yeah it's crazy I found these a year ago and I found a couple and took them home and look them up and I realized I potentially had something more than what I thought. So then I went back to where I found them tonight neither was more so I searched for as many as I could find in the dirt I mean I found about 20 to 30 of them but who knows how many there could possibly been.

8. now they look all like they were thicker at one time but the corrosion has it them all up severely. They do all have holes but they're all not the same size or mirror same position. and I'll post some pics of the other ones, A few them are different.

9. If I remember correctly there Magnetic.So ya idk?

10. The Eidolon

Well, if they are magnetic, they are probably modern replicas. Copper, silver and gold should all be non-magnetic. Steel would not be used in coins from that era.

11. Ok ya i thought something was not correct about that being magnetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted