DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS CURRENT EBAY/PAYPAL RELATIONSHIP?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by imrich, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

I was a seller/buyer on ebay for almost 20 years with 100% positive feedback. Was told I had to verify my identity and when I sent in the documentation they suddenly, overnight, closed my account permanently, with over $200 in my funds for sold items in their possession, which they refused to deposit into my bank account because they couldn't verify my identity, though I had been using the same account and card for years. I finally got in touch with a person through the automated system that informed me I would have to wait 180 days after account closure for the money to be released to my state. I would then have to file an unclaimed property claim with them. Needless to say, I no longer sell and rarely buy on eBay anymore.

imrich likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I have never had a problem with either companies since 2001. I just, last week had paypal notify me that a magazine company had renew me automatically and had changed for a 3 year renewal, I declined it and they immediately refused the magazine company. I don't like their Paypal's AI 'chatbot' , but they responded well to email. I buy a large % of stuff online during the plague years, but have never had a problem with either Paypal or eBay. but I have my funds in the bank account linked to a system that notifies me of any charge over what I set , I get a notification to accept or deny for 5 days.
    Jim

4. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Jim, I'm very happy for you not having a problem with ebay/paypal, and hope your luck continues.

You've seen the reluctant response in this thread for people that have been scammed? by these seemingly unchallenged organization.

But as police stated when I filed a "complaint". there were ~6 million complaints as yours reported in 2021, police/prosecutors et al haven't the resources to investigate/prosecute.

Jim, you have one vote in this discussion (recognizing your superior position), for which we applaud you, but the new victims of this litigious action recently settled against Paypal: https://www.paliareroland.com/practice-areas/details/class-actions/paypal
    with the 25% payout to Plaintiffs' Attorneys, I believe tells a differing story, I and many others affected have seen before.

I believe there isn't a political, or personal agenda, strictly informative, that more earnestly applaud those who will expose their vulnerable situation/loss.

I trust you understand!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  5. desertgem

In no way can I influence either the litigious victim nor their legal opponents. I can not validate, nor wish to do so, any comments anyone , including yourself and others bring up personally. I commented on my experience with Paypal ( and somewhat with EBay). I apologize if you feel I upset the balance of your actions or concerning arguments as I view any thread as being noninclusive , and anyone can post conflicting opinions or disagreement, as an originator of a thread does not own, or control following comments except those that violate the webmasters rules. IMO, Jim

imrich likes this.
  6. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Jim, but it seems apparent that you just don't understand, with your absolute STATEMENTS.

You STATE (e.g I have NEVER had a problem) and paraphrased (e.g. In no way can I influence, as a moderator who can at will delete) the individuals believed to have carefully chosen their words in explaining their injustices.

I originated this thread believed that proper strictly factual data, proven by contacting/reporting to Government authorities would allow others to objectively present their injustices.

I personally believe that your self-stated 20+ years memories of the past, as mine, may have been diminished by time, and become questionable.

You may be a perfect candidate for the defendants support in the unlikely event of a future litigious class action involving a class against eBay/Paypal.

I trust my believed objective post is found to be an accurate challenge of credability, rather than an offensive unintended violation of site rules.

If wrong, I apologize in advance. Respectfully, Rich

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  7. desertgem

First, I am no longer serving as a moderator as I resigned from the role when the ancient coin group left, so I have no more decision role than any member.

My memory of the past as far as Paypal and EBay is concerned is accurate as to transaction, but I must say if asked who the seller was in 2008 or whenever, if it wasn't still showing in my transactions list, I could not. If shown a photo of a coin in discussion, that is different, I could come very close.

I did not question your credibility , nor called it any violation. I just said that the rules say that threads are open to all members ( Unless they violated the rules, and a mod removed or altered them) , whether they agree/support the views or if they disagree with the views in a thread. I didn't make the rules, but that is what I was told they were, For instance, if some one posted a coin and said it was a certain $1000 DDO, anyone could disagree and do so constantly, and the original poster could not prevent it. Jim

8. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Sounds like Paypal may be dealing with local regulatory nonsense. In my work in the financial services industry I've seen the insane rules created by the states for services like Paypal that create issues like this. If you had your account on autopilot with payments coming in by ACH with automated transfers to your bank state rules could force Paypal to go through hoops to verify you are still alive. Of course this is all for consumer protection. In the end it is just a money grab by greedy local state Treasurers to add to the till.

mlov43 and imrich like this.
  9. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I believe it's a money over problem situation Where PayPal is not exactly friends with eBay anymore because there were so many claims that we're getting tossed back an eBay wasn't I can't let a PayPal get away with It

10. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Okay. Now I'm scared.
    I just want to sell what I need to sell, and then get the hell off of eBay ASAP!
    I cringe every time I put something up on eBay.
    Now I know why I should take counsel of my fears!

imrich and charley like this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Dude, you've got to start looking at what your text-to-speech produces before you post it. Either that, or call 911, because one or the other of us is having a stroke.

12. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't, either, so.......

Draft saved Draft deleted