Does anyone know a place to buy coins cheap?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Jan 25, 2012.

1. RtcmSanchez

RtcmSanchez New Member

I live near Oceanside in southern CA and there is this little pawnshop called Coast Jewelry and More that sells all kinds of coins. Lots of nice Morgans and CC'S. Every now and then they sell some things on ebay but most of it is in store. Lot's of PCGS coins at a bargain. I even saw a 1787 Fugio cent there.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Aren't we all looking for a bargin

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Yes. I want BU+ ASE/AGEs for well below spot, shipped. But no one's willing to do that for me.

Santinidollar likes this.
  5. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I know a guy! His name is Ali, he'll ship them from China for just a couple of bucks ;)

6. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

If we could all do that then we'd all be rich bro

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

7. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

When you buy coins cheap, don't be too surprised if you get cheap coins.

8. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

No, we'd all be broke because there'd be nobody to sell to at a profit. :)

9. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

I went the 'quantity' route and although I gathered a decent collection of assorted coins, I'd have to agree with you. Problem is I thought getting quantity meant a better chance of many of the coins going up substantially over the years. That has happened on many of my coins. I still tend to go for quantity but I'm not sure why. I guess I enjoy quantity. Makes it seem like you have a larger collection of possibly more valuable coins in the future. For the 'poorer' person collecting, I think quantity is a natural thing to do. While I don't have any super valuable coins in hand, I do have many lesser priced coins in great quantity. Something to be said for quantity is all I'm saying. Whether a few dozen or a few hundred coins, values being equal initially, I'd might think you'd have a better chance of values increasing (the more you have, the more the increase) line of though,still sticks with me today.

Draft saved Draft deleted