Does anyone else think that it would be a good idea to bring back Liberty to US coinage?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bryce Ward, Feb 15, 2016.

1. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Paddy............that cash drawer is easily replaced.

As for a cashless society? That'll work right up to the point where folks start getting charged 3% per transaction! Debit Cards are great. I use mine for a lot of things and usually, when I tip, and because my math is sooooo bad, the servers really make out well, BUT, I can afford it. Lot's and lot's of folks cannot afford it.

How long before "Banks" begin charging "per transaction fee's" to process debit card transactions? Some banks already have minimum balances and most credit cards are fairly high up on the fee structure.

Will children begin getting their own debit cards or will they still get cash to spend at the Video Arcade?

As for Congress? What can be said other than they don't have a clue on how to "save" money, they just know how to spend it.

Stevearino and Mainebill like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

No Lee as far as the children you'll get a call from the Video Arcade followed by a legal notice that your kid just bet the house and lost !
    Congress will be replaced by a computer , it's cost effective and never needs to take a recess.
    As for tipping next time I go out to dinner I'm taking you....you're rich and can afford me. :)
    Besides that hot looking blonde Swedish princess will be nice to smile at during dinner. Who knows maybe we'll run into your wife and Pierce Brosnan j/K :) but if we do let him pick up the check ....James Bond has a lot more money that you and I together . :)

19Lyds likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

That was my point: The Prexibux Liberty looks fine, and so does the eagle on the Native American pieces - but despite all the mint/government efforts, Americans do not use them. ;) On a quarter Liberty could also look good. The lower denominations, I don't know ...

Christian

6. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

Ditto

7. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I'd also love to ditch all the dead presidents, but I'd start with the cent or maybe the nickel. Abe's been on the cent for 107 straight years! That's almost as long as it's been since the Cubs won the World Series! :p George is getting a little tired, too, but I'd like to see them finish out the ATB series before retiring him. That leaves Tom as next in line to get the boot in my eyes. :p

What exactly are those? Who made them? I'd love to see both sides!

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Very nice, but as much as I like that design I would rather see NEW LIBERTY design rather than a re-do of an old one.

What do you mean begin, many already do.

chrisild likes this.
  9. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Me too, but I'd settle for the old one! :)

10. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Agreed!

My suggestion for the Obverse...

[​IMG]
    I think this would work better on the dime than it does on the much-larger platinum eagle.

11. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

That would look really cool on a dime sized coin. I'd want the reverse of the dime to stay the same; I actually really like it.

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Problem is in order to get the really low relief they would need for the high speed production they would probably have to mash her face in.

Paul M. likes this.
  13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I am generally not a fan of reusing designs as much as I love the platinum ones, but something along those lines would be a massive improvement.

14. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Me too.

When (not if) the dime is re-designed, I expect they will simply update Roosevelt's image. Not a profile...

Something like the nickel update:

[​IMG]

15. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Draft saved Draft deleted