Does anyone else collect toned Canadian Dollars?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by DysfunctionalVeteran, Aug 24, 2016.

1. DysfunctionalVeteran

DysfunctionalVeteran Oddly enough

I've been on an eBay toned Canadian dollar binge and scooping up all the ones I can grab under $10.
    Obverse
    [​IMG]
    Reverse
    [​IMG]
    Obverse
    [​IMG]
    Reverse
    [​IMG]
    Obverse
    [​IMG]
    Obverse on this has a nice baby blue
    [​IMG]
    Reverse is a pretty deep purple/maroon
    [​IMG]
    Obverse
    [​IMG]
    Reverse of another and my final... Until the others arrive...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Keep making threads like this and you'll be paying more than 10 dollars for those lol

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Not bad. Apparently, the Canadians don't carry some of the idiotic premiums of their US counterparts.

5. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Yes, the red felt was full of a chemical that toned all of them. There are some of the coins in those holders that you can't get the red felt off as it's eaten into the coin.

6. DysfunctionalVeteran

I always thought it was the foam having contact with the surface. All these years I was wrong. Flipping the coins around really won't change anything?

7. DysfunctionalVeteran

I guess you were right. At least I grabbed up all the good ones at decent prices. The remaining ones are well over $15-20 and don't look half as good and keep getting bid up. Time to find another genre that's "cold" for the time being.

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Dollars are usually pretty popular anyway. You shouldn't have much trouble with the various world coins finding some things no one else has yet

9. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

When I get home I will post of some of my many toned Canadian coins... but to to get some of them for the $10 is simply next to impossible. Don't get me wrong, I am sure you have done it...but I am really scratching my head at the moment trying to remember if I have ever only paid $10 for any of my toned Canadian coins??? Thanks for sharing. :shame:

10. DysfunctionalVeteran

Anything is possible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yeah, toned coins in the U.S. are influenced by Big Mo' - not 'mentum, but 'rons.

Draft saved Draft deleted