Do you use the For Sale forum for paper ?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by idreamofgreenie, Apr 9, 2012.

1. idreamofgreenie

idreamofgreenie Active Member

Do you guys use the For Sale forums much? Seems predominantly coins but I am interested in buying, selling, trading paper but the for sale forum is limited to new posts every 7 days which for me is restrictive. I have been an Ebayer for a long time but not worth the effort to list a fancy note found in change and yet a member here might want it. Interested to hear your thoughts.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Continue to list on eBay but post a link to it here on CT.

4. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

I check all the advertising stuff at least twice a day.

5. lettow

lettow Senior Member

I've been a member of this forum for almost six years and I have never looked at the For Sale forum. Quite honestly, I did not even know there was one.

6. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

I check it periodically.

7. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Just wanted to add a thought to this. If you list an item, even if there isn't someone right now who is looking for it, there might be someone tomorrow, or next week, etc. The more specific you are when you write the title and description, the more likely someone will be to find your item when they're searching for it sometime in the future.

Also, you can do both as well, list it on Ebay then post a link to your Ebay auction in the relevant section. With items that are valuable but not highly sought after, it's more important to use the reserve pricing in Ebay.

Good luck with your sale!

8. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

The for sale forum is far too restricted in terms of use for it to be effective. I'd adopt the PCGS forums one bump a day rule. More people go in there to bump their threads, might check other threads, increases traffic into that forum in general.

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I surf the CT For Sale Forum probably once a week, and find the content dominated mostly by purveyors of the shiney, metal discs.

Draft saved Draft deleted