do you think this was appropriate?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by OldSilver, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WriterIN

WriterIN New Member

He has every reason to, and you shouldn't fault him for having confidence. Please remember, pulling someone down does NOT raise you up.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hunt1

Hunt1 Active Member

Wow nice saying....:thumb:

4. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Hey man, try not to get too bent out of shape over comments here. I agree with coingeezer. There are some things that you can only gain proper perspective on once you're older. I'm about twice your age. I look back to when I was 16 and I probably would have been talking and posting just like you are now. (Only we had barely just gotten internet back then and it was all dial up!)

Chalk this one up as another life experience and move on. I think everybody has more than covered it here. I used to be in a rush to grow up and be treated like an adult too. Now at times I think back and wish I could have enjoyed being 16 more than I did. Some day when you've been at a job for 12 years, you start to become insignificant, your generation is long forgotten, you've got your own kid(s) to take care of and about the only ones that really care to hear from you are those you send monthly bills to.... only then can you realize how good it was being 16. Then you'll have the "whiskers" to gain the respect you always wanted at the coin shops/shows, on the forums. For what that's worth! lol
    But you don't have to take my word for it. Your seat's reserved. You'll see for yourself some day. ;)

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ok, this thread should have ended on page 2. Most of the last 4 pages have been either off topic, aggressive, narcissistic, etc. , etc. yes, the dealer was most likely wrong. It was a misunderstanding. It is good that the OP and his father didn't go off like some have suggested they would do. That is how people get killed or sued. It is hard to feel vindicated at your wake. Some people are mature at 16 , others aren't at 66, but age or maturity isn't the point of the OP, The case was presented, it had a good ending, and should be closed. The dealer made an offer of help , which shouldn't be ignored because of the situation. This might be the chance for the OP to make a friend and learn a great deal. I would advise my son to consider it if it happened to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.