Do you think this Austrian coin is real?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Oct 3, 2015.

1. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

The buzzwords "estate sale" and "unclaimed freight" and "unsearched rolls" get people's juices flowing, and they react predictably.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

I'm skeptical about many of those "estate" sales really being such sales. It could be a way of attracting more people, I dunno. I often will see an entire seller's page filled with listings stating that. :p

People say this with anything too, like common pre-euro junk drawer type coins (which I have thousands of...) "VERY RARE HARD TO FIND COINS...ESTATE SALE!!! L00K! BID NOW!" (rolls eyes)

jlblonde and Hiddendragon like this.
  4. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

If a listing says "rare" or "low mintage" and I know it isn't then I consider the seller to be annoying and untrustworthy and am unlikely to bid on any of their coins. Estate sale is a very common theme and I suspect most of them are not really from estate sales. I've never seen coins at an estate sale. The junk drawer is another one. Junk is right.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  5. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

That "zombie eagle", as I like to call it, is a pretty common feature on modern copies of cap and rays 8 reales.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  6. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Another common attention grabbing word is "unsearched".
    I often see this in no-brainer kind of coin lots, basically face value coins in a small pile. They don't even need to be searched to know what they are or what they are worth. :p

Hiddendragon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted