Do you think if the U.S stops making dollar bills we will seem more Two Dollar Bills?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by luke2012, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Drago the Wolf

Drago the Wolf Junior Member

Ah, I have heard of these eight coin trays existing. I just never seen them. I guess that is how the Europeans have a circulating 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1 and $2 Euro coin circulating.

I think we, here in the U.S. should use these drawers and set them up 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c, 50c, $1, $2, $5. And the bill slots $10, $20, $50, $100, checks, spare rolls of coins and other junk.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

nah just have it how they have it in canda and europe, a 1cent, 5 cent, 25 cent, 50 cent $1 and $2, 5 dollar coin is abit too much and slightly overkill

4. Drago the Wolf

Drago the Wolf Junior Member

Okay, but you left out the dime, and Europe has a 20 cent coin in stead of a quarter, I believe. :D

But IF we are going to keep the cent, how about reissuing the U.S. 2 cent coin like how Europe has a sucessfully circulating 2 cent Euro coin? I know I am just going to get ridiculed for mentioning the idea, but what the hey?

5. Shreadvector

Shreadvector Member

Your statement is false. The one and two Euro cent coins are *NOT* sucessfully circulating:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_coins#Small-denomination_coins

6. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Who cares about what Europe and Canada do with and use they're change for? We have nothing to do with them! We are our own country! How come everytime someone brings up the whole coin denomination issue, people have to start bringing up Europe and Canada and what they do? Who cares about them? Let's just be us.

7. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

icon_smile_agree.gif smiley-with-us-flag.gif

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Well that's a pretty big problem then now isn't it?
    If it's there any they won't use it then is it really there?
    I don't want to get wrapped up in semantics but we could say the same thing about the half and $2 bill now...they are there but they won't use it.

Again my point is Dump the $1 paper and half dollar.
    I'd even go for getting rid of the nickel too if you wanted and turing the $2 into a coin but I would want a $500 bill for those concessions :D

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

But if the dollar note was dropped demand for the $2 would increase and they would probably have resume printing sooner.

10. dantej32

dantej32 Member

Might do like canada and make coins for one and two dollars. Loonie and TWONIE

11. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

actually a "series 2009A" was printed in 2012 for atlanta, minniapolis, kc, san francisco and ny

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Because of the increment the $2 bill is not practical unless you want to carry allot of change around, this of course would
    Include the $1 coins which are a bit heavy!

13. I.B. Washincars

I.B. Washincars Junior Member

Regarding carrying around A LOT of coins. Well, I don't see that as an issue. Most likely, if they kill the $ bill the banks will just order more $2 bills. Whenever that were to happen, there would not be any reason to get over one $ coin as change. Change would most likely be handed out as follows.

$9 = 5,2,2
    $8 = 2,2,2,2 since this would be simpler for most cashiers that 5,2,$coin
    $7 = 5,2
    $6 = 2,2,2 same reasoning as $8 applies
    $5 = 5
    $4 = 2,2
    $3 = 2,$coin
    $2 = 2
    $1 = $coin

The coin is really only needed and most likely would only be used when 1 or $3 is required.

14. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The most $1 coins you'd have to carry would be three or four, yet some complain about them like they'd need a wheelbarrow.

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Not that it matters much in this particular context, and as somebody else here wrote, you have nothing to do with Europe and Canada, but ... your statement quote above is wrong. :) In the euro area (except FI and NL) you come across 1 and 2 ct coins all the time -- in your change. People just do not use them much, ie. they "disappear". And they could be phased out in the future.

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted