Do you like seeing the Queen’s face on the obverse of so many coins?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Gam3rBlake, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

She is on more coins than anyone ever I believe. It would be interesting to know how many different coins her face is on.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

I heard that at one point her face was on half the coins in the world.

Jeffjay likes this.
  4. Gam3rBlake

Each of those people are only on one coin.

Lincoln is on the one cent and $5 bill.
    Washington is on the quarter dollar and $1 bill.
    Roosevelt is on the dime.

The Queen is on hundreds of different coins.

coinaline likes this.
  5. Gam3rBlake

I do like the older stuff but at least they have variety.

I’m not even saying to take the Queen off coins entirely. But they could at least change things up with a different portrait or something like that.

6. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

I know she's on a lot of them in my 1 ounce silver round world collection.
    I'll have to do a count.

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Some of the commonwealth countries even use a portrait that isn't used on the Great Britain coins.

Does the Church of England still frown on divorce or marrying a divorced person? If it does then Charles would be facing the same problem that Edward VIII did. Being the head of a Church that frowns on divorce while being married to a divorcee.

Checked and the Church does still frown on it and on the remarriage of a divorced person while the former spouse is still living, although it does say it would be allowed in "exceptional circumstances" Would being the head of the Church be an "exceptional circumstance" or would it just make it worse?

8. Gam3rBlake

I don't think being head of the Church of England counts as an "exceptional circumstance".

My guess is that the "exceptional circumstance" exception is for like women who divorced because their husband was abusive. Or a man leaving a woman for adultery. That kind of stuff where it would be unrealistic & wrong to not let someone marry because they left an abusive relationship.

9. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I would agree that those circumstances of an abusive or alcoholic spouse should be an instance that the divorce would not be frowned upon. I got a divorce because my wife of 26 years decided she wanted to marry her high school sweetheart. An instance like that would be unacceptable.

10. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I got off topic.

11. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

You don't say! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted