Do you have any Flying Eagle Cents with die clash marks?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ldhair, Jul 3, 2022.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It's the miracle of English, where an acronym can mean one thing, or multiple things, or nothing in particular, all depending on the context, the writer, and the reader. It's a miracle any two people ever understand each other.

Edit: snark aside, I'm a bit more used to "LSQ", Liberty Seated quarter, to avoid just this ambiguity.

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

I'm not. I hardly get away from the ICG table at shows. I could have spent $$$ at Lakeland. Lots of neat stuff!

Kentucky likes this.
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

...or Seated Liberty Quarter which makes more sense for 1857

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's really cool to know you were the one that figured these out. In those days, I got hooked on collecting clashed die coins. The FE cent clashes were easy to find but I didn't know what they were.
    This one clashed with the $20 die, put me on the path of collecting them.
    31.jpg 32.jpg

6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I really appreciate the information I can glean from all of you. I am just so blind to these die clashes I cannot for the life of me see what you folks see.

For instance, Larry, I see the clash marks, but to say it's the $20 die, I'd be seriously reaching to say I can see it. I actually couldn't identify that it is a clash with any other coin. I'd just call it a die clash with deterioration. Probably the reason I avoid error coins altogether.

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

These are tough to understand. Rick Snow has shared this overlay. His site has a world of information.
    57s7c15r.jpg

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

But, in this instance [considering the date/time period] it refers to Seated Liberty Quarter.

9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

You still got all the stuff that matters. I struggle with acronyms often. Oh. Youngster what is a LMC SHELL coin variety. Saw picture today. Had a hole in the book even.

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted