Do you dislike any particular coin series?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinBlazer, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

The moderators of this forum don't like to revisit the issue but the fact is when this site was first being assembled there was a huge debate over whether or not to allow Franklin Halves to be discussed.

Word is a huge auction house paid them several million dollars to green light the inclusion of Franklin Halves. An attempt was made to at least ban pictures but the owners saw all that cash, sold out, and the rest is history.

mlov43 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Redleg21

Redleg21 New Member

I thought the $1 presidents were bad I particularly dislike the Statue of liberty and some how the $1 symbol does not look as good as "ONE DOLLAR" and the new dollar series is even worse. They some how just do not have the trappings of what I like about older coinage.

brokecoinguy likes this.
  4. Love the 3 coin 2016 gold set..... Mercury dime..standing liberty.... Walking liberty. I think the Mint did a great job on those.

CasualAg$ likes this.
  5. Bayern

Bayern Active Member

I don’t hate the coin, but the Long Island Tercentenary half dollar obverse could have been better. The portraits were not that well rendered, in my opinion.

6. Bayern

Bayern Active Member

Agree, some of the Finnish coin designs from this time period, in particular, are rather unusual.

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Bayern

Bayern Active Member

Not fond of Eisenhower dollars or the Churchill crown, either. Both of these coin designs were not well thought out...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Kentucky likes this.
  8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I can't believe it. Just as I read this post, an email from the mint came through saying my order of them was on it's way. LOL

Bayern likes this.
  9. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Oh, but "Bugs Bunny".....c'mon man!!!! :D:D:D:eek::rolleyes::cigar::dead:

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I'm not fond of any of the current new coinage, especially the zinc cent. The mint is trying too hard to make money by coming out with a new design every time we turn around.

Bayern likes this.
  11. brokecoinguy

brokecoinguy I like what I can't afford

With you on that one. Although my preference is classic coin designs I do not have a real problem with the modern stuff that doesn't look like it's from Chuck E. Cheese.

sergeant and mlov43 like this.
  12. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

SBA Dollars and National Park quarters. But I collect them anyway because they are part of the US Numismatic system.

13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

The new shield lincoln cents. And i wish the gold colored dollars would change the reverse

14. Cheech9712

I adore buff nickles

15. Cheech9712

I Do like the
    Coijn your showing. How did that one
    Miss

16. Cheech9712

I like the bison. Buffalo ny here

17. Cheech9712

Every time i pass off a kennedy half at my local 7-11. They stare at the coin and wonder if it's real

Kentucky likes this.
  18. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Try using a $2 bill. You might get arrested for passing counterfeit currency.

Bayern and Cheech9712 like this.
  19. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

Jcro57: Excellent, thank you.

CasualAg$ and JCro57 like this.
  20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

At the risk of getting my hands smacked, I like things in the buff too :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheech9712 likes this.
  21. jcm

jcm Active Member

Yes, I forgot all about the shield cents. They are just bad. It's like the designers saw a spade guinea once, drank a bunch of whisky, grabbed a big fat crayola marker and designed a coin. Boom! The shield cent is born!

Bayern and PlanoSteve like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted