Do you dislike any particular coin series?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinBlazer, Dec 9, 2018.

1. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

For US, morgans are very tired and boring for me.

AdamsCollection likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Larry Squires

Larry Squires Member

4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I never cared for the 1993 Thomas Jefferson commemorative. He looks too much like my Aunt Merlene.

[​IMG]

5. gbandy

gbandy Junior Member

I bought a coffee at a Starbucks recently with 2 Ikes and 2 Kennedy halves. The cashier gave me a look like "WTH is this!?", called the manager over and asked if they could accept it, of course they allowed it. I explained to the cashier that these used to produced by the mint in the 70's but wasn't very popular, he replied "Well yeah, its so big..." Not sure if there are any "The Office" fans, took a lot for me not to bust out a Michael Scott quote.

YoloBagels likes this.
  6. Lembeck13

Lembeck13 Active Member

The problem I have with the Roosevelt dime is that it looks interchangeable with Truman. Who authorized its minting? I suspect Harry... or Bess.

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Lembeck13

Lembeck13 Active Member

8. Lembeck13

Lembeck13 Active Member

Looks more like the fop hurled to his death by Edward I in "Braveheart."

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

....that's what she said!

I always loved the episode Jim goaded Michael into getting into trouble with that. "Gee, you always left me satisfied..."

YoloBagels likes this.
  10. St Gaudens collector

St Gaudens collector Active Member

I find the saint $10 eagle kind of confusing because it's a boy with an Indian chief's headdress.
    Then they use the same face for lady liberty on the peace dollar.
    They then try it again on the original Susan-B design.

I think liberty should look more unmistakably feminine or I find it disturbing.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    YoloBagels likes this.
  11. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

The Barber designed liberty is the worst. Everytime I look at it I think of how androgynous it is.

sergeant and YoloBagels like this.
  12. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

I dislike shield pennies, post-2004 nickels, spaghetti hair quarters, a bunch of the state and park quarter designs (they look more like pictures on paper than coin designs), Franklin halves, Eisenhowers, SBA Dollars, golden dollars, most modern low-relief junk, and many commemorative coins.

medoraman, Kentucky and YoloBagels like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted