Do they make plastic tubes for large cents?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jlogan, Jan 16, 2017.

1. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

I've been accumulating cheap, low-grade large cents just to hoard. I have about 12 of them right now and buying more. They don't fit in small dollar tubes, so right now I have them in a half-dollar tube, which is a little bit too big. Does anyone know where to get a tube that's the right size for large cents? Do any of the coin supply companies even make them?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

My best suggestion is to use half dollar tubes. If the coins are low grade to begin with they are going to stay that way so it won't matter. I'm pretty sure that large cents are pretty far out of the "roll 'em" scenario for manufacturers. It is now not too easy to get wrappers for Ike dollars, I have wrappers currently but soon will need more if I continue to come across them in banks.

jlogan likes this.
  4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

If they did the problem would be you would need two different sizes. The 1836 and later cents were struck in close collars and are 28.5 mm. But the ones struck before 1836 were done in open collars and can vary in diameter from about 28 to 30 mm.

jlogan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted