Do I "have something" here?!?!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by KimberLaws, May 19, 2019.

?

Should I hang on to it or Should I sell it?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

Guess I got lucky cause I ordered them at their conception date...May not have gotten them had it been 2012...I think someone mentioned that somewhere ^^^...THANK GOD I DID GET THEM...Lort...

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Seattlite86 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. My conception date was Sunday, October 12, 1975. :D In numismatics, we typically use the term release date. :)

4. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

ROFLMBO...My conception date was was SOMETIME in November, 1967...I am ASSUMING that, since I am an ONLY child, my parents realized they GOT IT RIGHT the FIRST TIME...Orrrrrr...They realized they had made a HORRIBLE MISTAKE...I'm thinking since alcohol WAS involved, it was the LATTER of the two...Lmao...Ok, so "release date" is used...AWESOME and THANK YOU ALL for helping me through all of this "LEARNING"...I really AM new at all of this and TRYING to figure out the terminology for everything...Y'all are GREAT...:)

Mainebill likes this.
  5. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

Shades Of Hootersville Part 2, 3 AND 4...

6. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

Yeah, I am FOR SURE learning I needa hang onto these coins for a "tad bit" longer...I appreciate EVERYONE so much for helping me out here...

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

If you bought them around 1998 you would need to get $1490 an oz to break even. If you bought in 1990 you would need about $1900 /oz to break even. This assumes an inflation rate of 3% (which is about what the CPI shows, and it is kept artificially low). So yes you would get a nice return in dollars, but in purchasing power you would be taking a loss.

8. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Gold was up and down. In 2011 it was up. I’d just hold tight but also know if you need fast cash it’s there for you. I don’t feel it’s ever a bad investment. Especially if the manure hits the fan. Gold silver food weapons ammo etc are going to be what’s really valuable glad to see you on the forums

Draft saved Draft deleted