Do I "have something" here?!?!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by KimberLaws, May 19, 2019.

?

Should I hang on to it or Should I sell it?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

DING...DING...DING...Well I'll be a "dehydrated chicken", give the girl a prize...She knows her "Green Acres"...

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. WildWest

WildWest Obsessive Compulsive Disarry

Well damn. Here I am thinking buying 3/4 of an oz. the last couple of weeks was a big purchase. Haha!! Welcome to the forum.

KimberLaws and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Yes she does! I love the episodes where Arnold gets the mail.

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

speak for yourself ... lol

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Take solace.... I been collecting coins the better part of a half century and still learn something every day. Usually on this forum. We do tend to goof around a bit but you can bet that everyone that posts here is a wealth of knowledge in one or another area of numismatics. Hang around a bit. You fit right in.

Collecting Nut and KimberLaws like this.
  7. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

That's right...You tell 'em...Lol...

8. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

ANY EPISODE WITH ARNOLD has MY VOTE...Lmao...BEST ACTOR ON THE SHOW...I loved the episode where the Ziffels go on their second honeymoon and leave Arnold with Oliver and Lisa...I think it was called, "I didn't Raise My Pig To Be A Soldier"...Or something like that...Did you know "Arnold" was played by SEVERAL pigs and MOST of them were FEMALE...KILLED me when I found that out...

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sorry to hear about your dad but if he knew you now have an interest in coins that he sparked years ago, he'd be proud of you. :)

Randy Abercrombie and KimberLaws like this.
  10. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

ANY purchase of GOLD, is a good purchase...But I DO have to say, SOMETIMES, "bigger IS better"...;)

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  11. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

I think he is watching over me...What sparked my "looking information up", was, I was in the back yard a couplea days ago and I saw 3 Red Cardinals (usually don't see many AT ONCE around here) and as soon as I went in the house there was a coin commercial on...Anyway, I went upstairs later on that evening and stumped my toe where I have the coins tucked away (DAMN METAL AMMO BOX) and well, I took it ALL as "SIGNS"...

Collecting Nut likes this.
  12. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

You're so correct Randy.......
    Kim
    Mr. Ed Woods himself sometimes graces this forum!
    Well I'm guessing he's still on the beach in Aruba.....these days....
    Ed is our resident globe trotter who owns a coin grading company , well on paper:hilarious:
    Any way just one of the many rich and famous members here....

Randy Abercrombie and KimberLaws like this.
  13. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

Would LOVE to hear his advice on "what I have here"...:)

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No ya wouldn't........he's one ya want to steer clear of. Paddy, 'Nut, Randy, et all are good folks. You're getting some great advice by the fellows on this forum, but be not mistaken........the coins you own are 'bullion' and as such will always be coupled to the spot market. They are not rare antiquities.

15. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Keep in mind your Buffalos and Eagles have been repackaged.

I've bought plenty of silver & gold in the past for stacking and collecting; the latest were the Apollo 11 gold/silver curved coins.

Many on this board drive to purchase bullion to as close to "spot" price as possible and may value bullion pieces strictly as bullion and no more, no matter if others value it more.

16. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

You know, this is the first time I can remember that a newbie writes a tread asking "Do I have something here" and the answer is "YES, absolutely." I saw the thread title and expected some common mid-century penny or nickle in circulated condition and instead my eyes were treated to the sight of sweet gold, lots of beautiful gold.

Well done Kimberly. If you had bought a car back in 2011 for those $16,000 today that car would be worth $1000. However, your coins are worth over $14,000 and I'm sure one day you'll make your money back and then some as gold will probably have another go at $2,000 an ounce sometime in the not too distant future.

17. charlottedude

charlottedude Novice Collector

Gold bullion. Worth @ $35-$40 over the going commodity rate (www.kitco.com) with the Buffaloes offered at a modest premium over the gold eagle design. Not a bad place to put some of your assets, although $1600 per is a very aggressive premium over trading levels, and why all the caps??

KimberLaws likes this.
  18. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you didn't buy them recently.

According to their website, "NWTM is currently out of business and no longer taking orders."

And if your purchase was prior to early 2016, consider yourself lucky that you received your order: "The losses of customers who never received delivery of orders plus the losses of other creditors could be as high as $50 million, according to news reports."
    Northwest Territorial Mint Scandal: Investors Had Fair Warning

KimberLaws, please don't misunderstand -- I'm not questioning that you received your purchase.

But going forward, I'd be very cautious before doing any business with Northwest Territorial Mint.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  19. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

IMG_2173.jpg IMG_2172.JPG Sorry, I was at work y'all...I bought these back in July 2011...I've attached the FULL envelope so you can see the post mark, etc...Also the ONE LINE of my receipt...I PROMISE...I AM GENUINE...And YES, THAT IS ME in my profile picture too...Just got home...:)

Mainebill and Seattlite86 like this.
  20. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

No one is actually questioning that. Northwest Territorial Mint is the company people are warning about. Here's the info: http://www.auburn-reporter.com/news...-his-vault-manager-indicted-for-fraud-scheme/

Basically, you got lucky to get your gold, many, many people did not.

21. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

Bad habit of mine...I use caps to stress words as if I was standing there with you having a conversation...I’m NOT yelling, I promise.

charlottedude and Autoturf like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted