Do I "have something" here?!?!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by KimberLaws, May 19, 2019.

?

Should I hang on to it or Should I sell it?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I apologize if you are offended at me finding it odd that someone spent 5 figures on something they don't have much knowledge on. And more importantly, I am sorry for your loss. I just lost my mother in February, so I can relate a little. If my mother told me to go get a job and I joined the circus and my wages were tips only, I'd have satisfied her advice but not met her intent. If I can be straight with you and offer you a little advice, next time, you should ask more questions before writing such a large check. I think it's great you listened to advice and made an investment, but I'm not sure you made the best choice in investment, because you already paid about $4,000 over what they're worth in melt value, or $2,880 over what they're going for retail. You could've bought those same coins for quite a bit less if you shopped around. Essentially, gold melt value is going to have to raise 32% for you to break even on melt value. That's a big margin and chances are you'll want to cash that in before gold ever gets that high. It is all but likely you'll sell these for a loss. The good news is, you didn't go buy a fancy car or something ridiculous that loses even more value the moment you walk out the store. Anyway, I wish you the best in your endeavors.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

Oh, I TOTALLY 100% AGREE WITH YOU on the 5 figures/no knowledge/writing a check, part...Lmao...I didn't get "offended", by ANY MEANS, but I DID get IRRITATED (my bad), simply because it seemed you didn't BELIEVE me...And YES, I know, its the internet and people post bogus stuff all the time and expect others to believe, etc...I'm just VERY NEW to the "LEARNING" coins part because I DIDN'T LISTEN to his stories about the coins and why this or why that and I found this Forum while googling for more information about the value of them...I guess that I just ASSUMED (bad thing to do) nobody would post "this seems odd and not believable" type thing, because I was TRULY GENUINE in my question and TRULY GENUINE in my having NO KNOWLEDGE in something that I purchased 7 years ago...Now, had he told me to do the "circus thing", I TOO would have satisfied his advice but not met his intent, but the COIN THING, I just HAD TO TRUST his knowledge...I'll hang on to them until I, at the VERY LEAST, break even, I'm not DYING FOR MONEY, so I'll just, hang on and hope for the "payoff in the end"...I'm so sorry for your loss as well, I TRULY AM...It's tough to get through and my thoughts are with you through your first year...

4. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Nice pieces. I'd keep them as they are and wait until gold goes up to sell them.
    A plus on your side is they are in the original packaging with 10 uncut.

IMG_2169.JPG

KimberLaws and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  5. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

I think your Dad gave good advice, that was a small recession, if we come into a huge recession, money is paper, and trust in the dollar will fall, keep your gold.

Mainebill and KimberLaws like this.
  6. Autoturf

Some have told me my ideology is flawed. well one did. also, I have a friend that wants to know where the girls with gold hang out. lol, im kidding, I don't have any friends.

KimberLaws likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's down from the issue price but so is the price of precious metals. Just leave in the original packaging and tuck it away. The pm market goes up and down like a yo-yo. Welcome to CT.

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

You being grounded in real Estate, you know there are times to buy and times to sell. Most people coming on to the forum or even here for many years couldn't dream of these types of purchases, which were probably due to your Dad's advice catching a peak in prices. You have kept them safely and someday , you will see prices fluctuating in a positive direction and decide whether to sell at a point or hang on. Most hang on through one cycle after another, which is OK if one has other disposable income so there is less need. Stick with the motto : Buy Right, Sell Right. Jim

9. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

ROFL...I have a SLIGHT FEELING that you have PLENTY of friends...

Autoturf likes this.
  10. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

Thank you ALL, VERY MUCH for the advice...So, FOR SURE, don't cut them apart and sell them off one at a time...See, I didn't know THAT...I woulda just cut them and sold them off...Ugh...

Autoturf and Collecting Nut like this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nope, leave as is. :) Stick around and you'll learn a lot.

12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

We are all just jealous that we are married... And now Miss Perfect shows up...:hilarious::hilarious:

13. Autoturf

lol, we like gold. Im not married.

14. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Shades of Hootersville what's next?

Randy Abercrombie and KimberLaws like this.
  15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Green Acres............

16. Paddy54

Question is she symerticly perfect? Or is she tad bit off from symertical :writer:......perfection? Inquiring minds like to know;)

17. Paddy54

fDn5K-1536257860-1180-lists-arnoldpig_main_1200.jpg

KimberLaws likes this.
  18. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

OMG, THE PIG IN THE SHADES...Friggin' LOVE IT...And I am NOT perfect...I didn't know to NOT CUT the damn coins apart...Lmao...And I plan to stick around here for a while...GOTTA LEARN wth I have here...

19. Paddy54

That not just any PIG! That's Arnold Ziffel......famed TV star! As-Seen-on-TV-Sign-on-Television-toy-iStock-534979715-848x477.jpg

That pig made a lot of bacon!

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  20. KimberLaws

KimberLaws Member

ROFL...Hell, I'm fixin'a be 51 years old, I know "WHO" Arnold is...Fred and Doris' "son"...Lmao...Wasn't he the ONLY ONE to have EVER won an award from the show...

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Autoturf and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  21. Paddy54

Correct he won this.... ccbfcc33aba7a796c84688b709fa9a1a.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted