Do I have a hidden jewel

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by DJM1979, Sep 4, 2015.

1. DJM1979

DJM1979 New Member

New to the site, found some old coins. Just curious to know if I have anything of significant value. Thanks for your help!!!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What are the dates? Old eyes can't tell. All look circulated.

Welcome to the forum........:)

4. DJM1979

DJM1979 New Member

Thanks for the welcome, the dates range from 1926 to 2007. You can zoom in to see the dates.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood, DJ!

Just zooming in isn't good enough. Since condition is important in determining value, we would also need to see the reverse of each coin. It's better to post individual photos (obverse & reverse) for each coin.

Chris

6. DJM1979

DJM1979 New Member

No problem Chris, did you see any particular one that you would want to see both sides?

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

My eyesight is horrible, yet I can make out the dates... I think? Anyway, short of an unseen variety, no... no jewels here. This isn't to say you should just spend most of them (the dime in particular, and 43 nickel contain silver), but just that none appear to be especially valuable.

8. DJM1979

DJM1979 New Member

Thanks for your insight.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Not really! These aren't in my wheelhouse. It was just meant as a matter-of-fact comment for your future benefit.

Chris

10. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

If you have a loupe, the 1960 D Lincoln Cent could be a DDO that would be worth some money. The 1956 D Lincoln Cents could also have a pretty major RPM. The 1941 S Lincoln Cent looks like it might be a Large S, although in this condition I'm not sure if it would bring enough to even be worth listing on eBay. The 1936 Buffalo Nickel could be the D-mint 3 1/2 leg Buffalo. The 1943 Jefferson could be a 3/2 (although I couldn't see it in your photo) or the Doubled Eye (also couldn't see in your photo.)

Just some things to check for.

Amos 811 likes this.
  11. DJM1979

DJM1979 New Member

Thanks for the info stl, that at least gives me a basis of where to start. Much appreciated!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted