District Currency Collectors Group

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Duke Kavanaugh, Mar 20, 2010.

1. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

lol nah its just encouragement to push all you others now collecting the different districts. :thumb:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Well Urban..shall we provide them with a little more??

Where is the "Boston Collector"?
    This is the Highest Graded Note Known and the High SN Star for the 9th Edition of Schwartz/Lindquist :D

[​IMG]

Back to NY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. krispy

krispy krispy

My oh my!!!

5. urbanchemist

i say we certainly do :D sorry if any of these are a repost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Eh...I"m not impressed!!
    There's not a "J" note in that bunch and my heart goes out to "J's"

:p

But if I had a different district boy would I be jealous lol

7. Duke Kavanaugh

All right...I've thought about it and even though they are not "J" notes those are great.
    I can't wait for me to finish mine out but those stars are tough!

BTW I have my spreadsheet done thanks to Krispy giving me some more ideas it's even better then at first. Thanks again Krispy.

8. krispy

krispy krispy

9. pennywise

pennywise Collector of dust

I'd say I have a little catching up to do. Great notes guys.
    I do have a new high # Boston note, a 1934 mule, I sent Scott a scan, so it might show up in the next edition. Too bad it wasn't Clev.
    [​IMG]

10. Duke Kavanaugh

Pennywise, you Krispy and I all three have some catching up to do.
    But it's not a race (thank goodness) as I won't win but I will finish!

And yep nice note but who likes that district :D

11. Duke Kavanaugh

Ok with research underway and a spread sheet done and looking at Rickie's "list to go by" I have done 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 for now,10,11, and still looking for 14 and 15 from him :D
    So on to my first note :D

Attached Files:

12. Duke Kavanaugh

Bah@@
    Sorry about the pict 20 mins in and I'm giving up for now.
    But you get the idea on it :D
    2004* $20 PCGS in 64PPQ

13. Duke Kavanaugh

Alright I have some $1's now and will try to get pictures up soon.
    I'm thinking these $1's are gonna be pretty easy and actually pretty cheap too.
    But the ease stops after the $2's...
    Five Dollar bills are tough I see...sheez

14. urbanchemist

congrats on your first note in the collection. keep'em coming :thumb:

15. krispy

krispy krispy

I've also been scouting the terrain and making my list of district notes to start bringing on board. I also noticed some of the $1s are readily available and priced quite low, but *stars* are not necessarily so. Still they're not as pricey as are some when you step into the higher denominations... I'm talking merely the modern small sized notes here. As I study one aspect of a single denomination, I think, 'why not just focus on the *stars*, then pick up the non-stars later since they're abundant' going by an overview of their prices alone. But then I look at some other feature of notes: is it a low SN, a ladder, radar, error... and all that simplistic methodological collecting crap goes out the window... :goofer: :D The dynamics of notes are very interesting for a multitude of variables and makes the challenge so much richer. :hammer:

16. pennywise

pennywise Collector of dust

I picked up a couple of Clev. notes this weekend. It's a start, and i'm happy with both notes. I'm also realizing what a tough time finding nice notes from Clev. is going to be, not a lot out there in my district, but I will plod along and have some fun. BTW nice p/u Duke.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. RickieB

Krispy and Pennywise...

Welcome to the hunt...what you guys are finding is what I found all those years ago...and as the popularity of Paper Money Collecting is growing, it is even getting more difficult to find the notes in the higher grades plus the stars.
    I can not begin to tell you the hours and hours of searching and website after website, auction house after auction house...when I encountered a note I just simply bought it...that is what it will boil down to for high grade notes....

I thnink it is cool seeing you guys go after these notes and learn what you are about trying to find them.
    Good luck in the hunt...it gets more expensive than what you think.

RickieB

18. Duke Kavanaugh

Pennywise- couple of nice pickups there!! That #2 is 4 digit S/N too :D
    I think like your district that we are gonna find it even harder to find notes. There just seems to be less notes from ours out there~

Krispy- I too thought about working on Stars first but then changed my mind to as I might as well get the common ones as I go but I'm looking for real high grade in those or a special S/N or something extra with the commons.

19. RickieB

Duke... I did a quick search the other day on "J" notes and you know why...LOL

I found they are not often available as well. Looking at all the Districts and deciding on New York since the printing were so high made me realize that this woud be my best bet to finish. That is simply just not true on high grade notes and stars... $20, $50 and $100 was a lot to save back then for a "Hobby"

I wish you guy's all the best...and I do have the $5, $20 and $100 Numeral 4 notes in high grade if the going gets tough....I have the receipts as well and would pass them along at that rate if you wanted to..

Just let me know...

RickieB

20. Duke Kavanaugh

RickieB, I"m thinking that the KC's being harder to find isn't a problem with me at all...I'll hunt and pick all weekend if I have to :D I'm just glad most are not too expensive. And yea I have hardly looked at the larger dollar notes as I'm kind of fearful lol

Can you post the pictures for us?

21. RickieB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will have to dig the others out and scan them... I have so many that are not posted yet...perhaps in a little while.

RickieB

Draft saved Draft deleted